Old 23-07-2006   #1
New on Forum

Computer can't read blank CD-r/rw but can read DVD-R

Hi,

Im a NEWBIE and don't know much about cd drives and burning.

I purchased an emachines t5026. I have not replaced the drives. There are two drives. In the my computer folder it says the e drive is a dvd-rw drive and the F drive says cd drive. The e drive can read and write dvds but cannot recognize cds. The f drive recognizes cds but cannot recognize dvds. Niether drive can read a blank CD-r/rw. The cds can be read on other computers. I am trying to burn a data cd for one of my classes. Can anyonw help me resolve this issue. I don't know much about the technicalities of the drives or what type of models these drives are. I have nero 7.0. Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Old 23-07-2006   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Computer can't read blank CD-r/rw but can read DVD-R

Please don't cross-post to other areas of the forum.

All replies to the other thread please: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=187214

This one closed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Closed Thread