Old 08-12-2008   #1
New on Forum

cd problem

I have a compaq presario sr5180an (14 months old). OP is vista ultimate 32 bit. I recently reformatted my hard drive due to numerous problems. Everything works ok accept for the lightsribe DVD player, model DH-16a1l113c that will play movie dvds but wont read game or music cds at all. When I put in a cd after about 30 seconds it ejects and tells me to please insert a disc into drive D. The dvd player was fine berfore I reformatted. I have used "Driver Genius" to search for driver updates but have not solved my problem. In device manager properties I have tried checking for hardware changes and updates but no success. Driver versions are microsoft ver:6.0.6001.18000tes and sonic solutions ver:3.00.56a. Suspect software/firmware problem and if this is right where can I download these from.
warriorunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: cd problem

What has an LG drive to do with a Liteon??

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: cd problem

If DVD's are working, but not CD's, I'd suspect you have a failed burner.