Old 21-01-2007   #1
New on Forum

Can't burn DVD off hard drive to DVD with NERO

Using Nero 6 that came with my Sony DVD RW DRU 820A.

I have an old DVD on an external HDD that i am trying to burn to dvd+r.

There is no possible combination so far that has allowed me to copy the files to the NERO program windows to even allow me to try to burn them to disc. Ive gone through every Copy/BackUp option in the Smart Start menu with no luck.

The video_ts and audio_ts files lie in a folder where i extracted them to from a .zip file.

The closest I ever got was trying to drag the video_ts file onto the Backup screen and i got a Bad DVD identifier error.Otherwise the program kicks out of the Backup screen and
returns to the SmartStart menu.

Am I missing something? DVD Shrink or something?
Hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Can't burn DVD off hard drive to DVD with NERO

You won't need to use DVD-Shrink unless the original DVD was greater than 4.7 GB.

Just start up Nero and select the DVD-Video template. Then drag the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder on your external drive into the VIDEO_TS folder which Nero provides, and use the burn button.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007   #3
New on Forum

Couldnt figure out how to do what you were talking about. But I had already tried dragging and dropping for an hour in various templates and it never worked

I got it to work by Copy and Backup\Burn image to Disc\Video files\selecting the folder.
Old 22-01-2007   #4
Senior Moderator

Nero Burning Rom Tutorial

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

Three simple rules:

1. Never Change the Deal
2. No Names.
3. Never Open the Package.

platinumsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007   #5
New on Forum

I think the problem was that I'm using a program that looks nothing like what you guys are describing. Nero 6. I kinda wish it were that Nero ROM cause it looks so easy.
Old 22-01-2007   #6
MyCE Resident

Nero is Nero Burning ROM.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote