Old 20-12-2009   #1

Can my DVD Writer, write Dual Layer DVDs?

Can my dvd writer, write dual layer discs?

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z ATA Device.

I tried using the nero info tools, but unfortunately, I use a windows 7 and it won't install. On my system, I also have Nero 7.

Would I be able to burn a dual layer disc?

- Haejin
haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by haejin View Post
Can my dvd writer, write dual layer discs?

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z ATA Device.

I tried using the nero info tools, but unfortunately, I use a windows 7 and it won't install. On my system, I also have Nero 7.

Would I be able to burn a dual layer disc?

- Haejin
Did you at least go to the manufacture site to see what their specs on the drive was? Is this a separate purchase or package drive? And what did the neroinfo tool tell you can you give a screen shot of that??? If it can burn dvd it will tell you on that info screen.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009   #3
Administrator

Re: Can my DVD Writer, write Dual Layer DVDs?

According to Samsung, this model should be able to write to DL media, both +R and -R. I advise only using Verbatim brand +R DL disks however. http://www.samsung.com/me/products/o...w/sh_w162z.asp

Use ImgBurn for double layer burns. It is a free burning program found here: www.imgburn.com ImgBurn has the ability to show a drive's capabilities, like Nero InfoTool. Within ImgBurn, look at Tools-->Drive-->Capability. Imgburn works very well in Win 7.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009   #4
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Imgburn works very well in Win 7.
And, under Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities, will tell you what you can burn. It'll also check for the latest firmware, if you ask nice.
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
Did you at least go to the manufacture site to see what their specs on the drive was? Is this a separate purchase or package drive? And what did the neroinfo tool tell you can you give a screen shot of that??? If it can burn dvd it will tell you on that info screen.
It is a package purchase, so I cant ask them. =/ I didn't get to install neroinfo so I didn't get any information at all. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
According to Samsung, this model should be able to write to DL media, both +R and -R. I advise only using Verbatim brand +R DL disks however. http://www.samsung.com/me/products/o...w/sh_w162z.asp

Use ImgBurn for double layer burns. It is a free burning program found here: www.imgburn.com ImgBurn has the ability to show a drive's capabilities, like Nero InfoTool. Within ImgBurn, look at Tools-->Drive-->Capability. Imgburn works very well in Win 7.
I see, thank you, thank you. I have tried installing it. Never mind it. I've seen it. I can burn DVD + RW and DVD+R DLs. Thanks so much! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
And, under Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities, will tell you what you can burn. It'll also check for the latest firmware, if you ask nice.
I see now. Thank you so much as well! Did I sounded rude while asking? I apologize. (:

Thank you so much you three! =D

Last edited by haejin; 20-12-2009 at 08:11.
Old 20-12-2009   #6
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Did I sounded rude while asking? I apologize. (:
Not at all, I was trying to be funny...
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Not at all, I was trying to be funny...
Sorry if that was some sorta, I couldn't get a joke type of thing. XD I just don't like the feeling of offending people without knowing it. XD!