Old 23-02-2006   #1
New on Forum

Burning VTS to DVD

Hey there, I am quite new at this stuff. I purchased Cucusof MPEG/AVI to burn some movies to DVD. However, I have a hard time burning VTS to DVD.
A friend mention I can changed the ext to .wm and window will do it. I did try that and it played but I still could not get it to burn. Any other ideas out there. Thanks
ub2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006   #2
CD Freaks Member

Re: Burning VTS to DVD

you can't just change the extension you would have to convert it not just change the extension
k0rn_h0li0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006   #3
CDFreaks Resident

You "have a hard time", but what is actually the problem?
Old 24-02-2006   #4
New on Forum

Sorry tehGrue, but your reply is way over me. I just a newbie at this.
Old 24-02-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

You surely could try Nero trial and use the dvd video template...

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006   #6
CDFreaks Resident

Well, do your best to describe the problem to us.
Old 24-02-2006   #7
New on Forum

Sorry tehGrue, I misunderstood you the 1st time. I guess my problem is, I am looking for software that will convert vts files to dvd. Cucusoft that I just purchase does not do it (grrrrrrrr). Or does anyone know how to convert these files using Cucusoft.

Thanks.
Old 24-02-2006   #8
New on Forum

The full version of the Cucusoft is MPEG/AVI to Dvd/Vcd/Svcd/Mpeg Converter Pro Version 7
Old 24-02-2006   #9
CD Freaks Elite

By vts files I am guessing that you mean files with a file name Of vts_?.vob (the extention is vob)? I'm also guessing that you want to make a standard dvd movie that will play in a normal dvd player?vts_?.vob files are dvd video files but are only designed to work with the corect support files. If you have the original dvd, then copying it is no problem with the right software. If you do not have the original dvd, do you have just the vob files or do you also have the support files too? If all the files are there, then again it is not a problem. Several programs such as dvd decryptor, nero recode etc. can take an original dvd or a folder withh all the files that were on an original dvd and burn a dvd.
If you only have the vob files, then you are going to have to recreate menu and support files to make a standard dvd video disk. I'm not farmiliar with cucusoft, but if it is not capable of dealing with vts_?.vob files, then change the file extention from vob to mpg. Vob files are just standard mpeg files. The file extention has been changed to work with dvd, but they require the right support files. After you have changed it to mpg, the software you are using should be able to use them. There are other options too. If you have nero6/7, nerovision express can take the vts_?.vob files and assemble new support files with new menus. In nero, do not change the file extention. If you give nero mpeg files, it reencodes them which takes hours. If you give it .vob files, it can often assemble them and add menus, without reencoding. Look for the make your own dvd video option in nero. Alternativlly, you can look for authoring software here.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=2#2
Most dvd authoring software should be able to make a dvd out of vob files.
ripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006   #10
New on Forum

Ripit, you are amusing! Thank you ever so much for taking the time. Much appreciated.
Old 05-01-2009   #11
New on Forum

Untill recently, I was able to convert my mp3 movies to VTS using DVDFlick,then using Nero7, wrote them to disk. They play perfectly, however, the Nero program has started going thru all the steps, but will not write on the disk! Can anyone help?
raydoncort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009   #12
Wii Freak

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2189598-post4.html
troy512 is offline   Reply With Quote