Old 11-12-2006   #1
New on Forum

Buring videos on my computer to work on my DVD Player

Hi there guys, I'm new around here and need some help with something.

I have a Panasonic DVD/CD Player DVD-R32 192 kHz/24bit AUDIO D/A Converter and I have a bunch of movies on my computer. Some are AVI files because I made them into smaller files in order to store all of them on my computer. But now I want to take these files and put them on DVD's so I can play them on my TV. (just like a regular DVD-disc, like the kind u buy at the store)
I have used RecordNow! (which came with my computer) to DVD these files and such but nothing i do works. Everytime I successfully a disc it never works on the DVD-player.
I used two different kinds of disc DVD+R and DVD-R and it still didnt work. I took a piture of the packaging of teh dics to show you guys.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7691/scanjh8.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5021/scan0001tr1.jpg
Which one shoudl I use or are they the wrong discs to be using.
I need to know like step by step (like which program I shoudl use to burn) what I should do to get these movies working on my DVD player for my Television. My friend was also telling me that I may need an adapter to get this to work on my TV? Mabye this is the problem???
Please and Thankyou!!!
Sarah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Buring videos on my computer to work on my DVD Player

What burner do you have?
What program(s) are you using to try to convert them to a DVD compatible format?
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
jhtalisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3
CDFreaks Resident

I have never seen or used the First one called Pine but have used TDK and it's not the best and not the worst. Try burning it at 8 x and see how you go
coathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Welcome to CDFreaks:

Try to use either NeroVision or Nero Recode from full version Nero Program( must have plug-ins for for conversion to right video format) also try to use DVD-R from brand name like sony, Verbatim, Maxell or Fuji.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS
also try to use DVD-R from brand name like sony, Verbatim, Maxell or Fuji.
As Fuji is now showing up with Ritek dyes I don't think this is a good recommendation.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC
As Fuji is now showing up with Ritek dyes I don't think this is a good recommendation.
You are right I was refering to Fuji MIJ not any other places.
TCAS is offline   Reply With Quote