Old 27-06-2004   #1
New on Forum

AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI cdrom device???

How do you get rid of this thing. I tried to copy Hoyles card games 2004 and although I made a copy that will install the game I can't play it with the copy rendering it useless to me I guess. Anyway I read that if a cd even senses that there is a virtual CD/DVD ROM it will not play.. I have uninstalled the drive cleaned my PC defragged and still the thing shows up on reboot. I'm at a complete loss as what to do next.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jac
Jac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004   #2
Retired Administrator & Reviewer

Re: AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI cdrom device???

Go into Alcohol 120%, Options, Virtual Drives and set the number to 0. Reboot if needed. That should get rid of it. Also you can Uninstall the program and when it asks "Do you want to remove all Reg entries" select yes.

Quote:
Anyway I read that if a cd even senses that there is a virtual CD/DVD ROM it will not play
This is true to a certain degree. Only certain versions of certain copy protections will check for a virtual drive.

Onto your copy. If you want to hjave another go and getting a copy of this then try scanning your CD with ARay Scanner to find out what copy protection is on it. Then by using the correct profile in Alcohol you should be able to get a working copy.

If you require more help on htis then please post the copy protection that is reported along with your CDRW device name.
Old 28-06-2004   #3
Jac
New on Forum

Thank you for your answer I don't know if this matters I not but took Alcohol120 off my cmputer. Should I reinstall then uninstall again?
Jac
Old 28-06-2004   #4

If you can still see the device in My Computer then yes. When you got rid of it last time it should have taken everything away. If it's still there reinstall, uninstall.
Old 28-06-2004   #5
Jac
New on Forum

Hi again,

Thank you for being so kind. It's still there and no matter how many times I uninstall it when I reboot it's still there. I even uninstalled my SCSI and Raid controllers hoping that would make a difference.
There were two of them but I managed to get rid of one but this one is very persistent! lol. I'll do a reinstall of the program and try to uninstall it again. Thank You for being so patient.
Jac
Old 28-06-2004   #6

It's strange when I uninstalled it everything gos. Not a sausage left. I am just not sure whats going on with your copy. You did set the Virtual Drive number to 0 in the options.

There are other some things that you could try,

Go to control panels/system/hardware/device manager, find under "SCSI and RAID controllers" the AXV SCSI controller, and remove it.
All Alcohol drives will disappear. Normally this happens automatically when you uninstall alcohol, unless at the uninstallation time you still had some image mounted.

You will Also need to remove Plug and Play Bios Extension from System Devices. and if needed the Virtual Drive Drivers from the Windows/System32/Drivers Folder.

* Name of the Virtual Drive Driver varies from version to Version.

Maybe something in there to use.
Old 14-07-2004   #7
Jac
New on Forum

I uninstalled the Scsi thing and went into win.32 drivers and unistalled two drivers that appeared on the same date it finally went away. So far so good. Now to try and copy my holyes game.
Thanks Again,
Jac