Old 29-07-2009   #1
New on Forum

re-encoding hd video to make less size

hi i have a video i wanted to convert it to HD and so i did, the file came out to be 8.86 GB, and i have only 4.13 GB blank dvd's.....so my question was, how do i re-encode this HD video to make it smaller, however the HD quality should still be showing just a smaller size, plz if there is any programs let me know...plz and thankz
djfry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: re-encoding hd video to make less size

Quote:
hi i have a video i wanted to convert it to HD and so i did
You can't go from SD video--> HD video
Can you build a Maserati from Ford pinto parts...

Quote:
the file came out to be 8.86 GB, and i have only 4.13 GB blank dvd's.....so my question was, how do i re-encode this HD video to make it smaller
That'd b/c you used a higher bitrate to re-encode(needlessly) than the original's bitrate, which gave you a bigger file and not a higher quality one..

Quote:
however the HD quality should still be showing just a smaller size, plz if there is any programs let me know...plz and thankz
You can make it smaller, but you'll have to re-encode(again) and lose even more quality..
Next question...

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote