Old 12-06-2006   #1
New on Forum

Problem with Nero 7 making my own DVD movie

hey, Ive been busting my balls for the last week trying to make my own dvd movie using nero 7.

The problem is when it does the transcoding i think ther is a problem with it because all the dvd's i make has like glitches when i play them back, liek it skips abit. Now the thing is this is only on the transcoding process because when i burn it to my hard drive the same thing occurs, so this cancels out what media and the burner im using.

Ive checked the files before i add them to the dvd compilation and they are fine no glitches, but as soon as nero transcodes it it turns to crap.

Ive tried different compression methods before hand and they all do the same thing.

the same thing happened when i downloaded epesodes of lost, they are fine before nero transcdes them and adds them dam glitches! its not just captured files its any video file i try to make a dvd movie out off.

Win xp
athalon xp3200+
512mb ram
130gb har drive

any sugestions?

thanx
onboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Problem with Nero 7 making my own DVD movie

Try a different programme, if you are converting an avi to a DVD etc, you hve to remeber you are basically converting a conversion, and unlike most digital things this can lead to a loss of quality.

Also go back to an older version of Nero 6.6.x.x would be better there have been too many complaints about Nero 7 as it is buggy as hell.

By the way please read the forum rules we are not allowed to talk about or help with illegal downloads, and downloading TV shows is classed as an illegal download. Get a mod if you can to edit that bit out.
Old 12-06-2006   #3
New on Forum

oops sorry, ill try nero 6, i hope it still has the same options though. I know it still should not glitch even though im converting a conversion, how other way are you suposed to add files? its definatly software ive dried different video file types and all do the same thing
Old 12-06-2006   #4
CDFreaks Resident

It can "glitch" as you put it converting a conversion, it's not like direct copy. Things that can afffect it are PAL<->NTSC, what setting you use, etc. I have seen a file that looks great on my PC have areas of pixilation after a conversion, or skip in areas.

That doesn't discount media. What are you using?
Old 13-06-2006   #5
New on Forum

im using pal, well i know its not media because ive burned to hard drive and the image burned is skipping. not sure wat they are either as ther printables and i thrugh the pack out i only have the discs.

should i try converting to ntsc?

Is they any other program that u can make your own dvd's from, creating menu's slide shows etc, ive got meldia studio 8 but looks way to hard to use. Thats why i like nero vision, which nero 6 doesnt have.

thanks for your thoughts keep em comin
Old 13-06-2006   #6
New on Forum

do u guys want me to post my log up?
Old 20-06-2006   #7
New on Forum

i changed h/d to 320gb seag gate, still same thing should i switch to ulead movie factory?
Old 20-06-2006   #8
CDFreaks Resident

Go to videohelp.com they have a large number of tutorials on conversions and all of them mention the softare used. There might even be one covering the problem you are having.