Old 06-07-2006   #1
New on Forum

How to Transfer from DVD to PC??

I want to edit the footage I've got on a DVD disc. I was hoping to edit the footage using Pinnacle Studio 10.

I've copied the files from the DVD to PC but not in a way Pinnacle Studio recognises. When I try to select the DVD footage, I can't, it doesn't show up.

Any ideas?

here's pictures of the DVD data and Pinnacle's inability to 'see it'.
Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
elderberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: How to Transfer from DVD to PC??

in the screenshot you shows, the "edit" tab is selected.

how did you capture the dvd to pc? can't you use pinnacle to capture from the dvd? by using the program you intend to edit with to do the capturing then you ensure that they will be captured in a format that the program will work with.

i hope this is helpful as i don't use pinnacle. when i edit video i use adobe premiere and use premiere's built in capture feature to capture directly from ym minidv camcorder.

it seems to make sense though that capturing from pinnacle should work. is there a reason you can't or are not capturing but isntead copying?
Old 07-07-2006   #3
New on Forum

Re: How to Transfer from DVD to PC??

reasonsnotrules, thanks for trying to help

i've since abandoned trying to make it work, and have edited what i want manually (i.e. the long way).

But next time i want to edit, i shall try your suggestion
elderberry is offline   Reply With Quote