Old 01-02-2008   #1
New on Forum

reformatting through external DVD reader/burner.

hi everyone,

I just recently broke my laptop CD/DVD reader/burner so i bought an external one that connects through the USB 2.0 port.

I need to reformat my computer and i have the reboot disk, but im wondering once the OS gets deleted, will my computer be able to read and go through the whole reformatting process through an external DVD reader/burner? Will it even work?

I dont want to screw up anything because i have no backup to goto, so advises are highly appreciated.

thanks.
irjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #2
New on Forum

Re: reformatting through external DVD reader/burner.

ehem
bump
Old 03-02-2008   #3
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by irjoe View Post
hi everyone,

I just recently broke my laptop CD/DVD reader/burner so i bought an external one that connects through the USB 2.0 port.

I need to reformat my computer and i have the reboot disk, but im wondering once the OS gets deleted, will my computer be able to read and go through the whole reformatting process through an external DVD reader/burner? Will it even work?

I dont want to screw up anything because i have no backup to goto, so advises are highly appreciated.

thanks.
Your usb external drive will be able to install OS but the drivers to the usb ports will corrupt during install of OS. You should replace the slimtype drive on your laptop then reinstall the OS.
Dell 17R, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel i5 Core (460M), Western Digtial 750GB (Scorpio Black) H.D., 8GB RAM (PC10700), 900p LED HD Display (1600x900) display, 1GB Nvidia Card, Hitachi GBW-10N 6x BD/CD/DVD-RW, SRS Premium Sound System!

PC#2: Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel Core 2 Duo T5450, 4GB (PC5300) RAM, 256MB ATI Video Card, 640GB Western Digital HD, PBDS DVD-+RW.

Other Equipment:
1 Pioneer DVR-112D External Drive, 4 External Pioneer DVR-116D Drives, 1 CopyStar Duplicator With ASUS DVDE616A3 DVDRomDrive and 2 Pioneer DVR-116D mounted in it, Mapower enclosure with 2 1TB Western Digital H.D., Mapower enclosure with 2 750GB Seagate HD's, 1 Lacie 2TB 2Big Quadra unit, 8TB MediaSonic ProBox, 2 2TB Western Digital Element drives for backup, and Logitech Pro speaker system!
THE C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #4
New on Forum

thanks..
good thing i waited for an answer.