Old 20-01-2009   #1
New on Forum

plese insert the corrct cd-rom, select ok and application

I'm having problems running GTA: San Andreas, after I mounted the ISO file onto the
virtual drive (L, I installed the game, then when I went to click "Play NEED.FOR.SPEED.UNDERGROUND . error plese insert the corrct cd-rom, select ok and application . error messages try no playing i us latest Alcohol 120%softwar no playing game i need play plis help
balajibbsdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: Please Insert the Correct CD/DVD???

I'm having problems running GTA: San Andreas, after I mounted the ISO file onto the virtual drive (L, I installed the game, then when I went to click "Play GTA: San Andreas" it prompted me to insert the correct CD/DVD. Is it maybe because SecureCom is blocking it? I tried using Anti-Blaxx and that little tool that hides virtual CD drives that I found on this forum. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to get it working. I am using the latest Alcohol 120% and Anti-Blaxx 1.7. I also tried using the latest DT and it doesn't work either.
Old 20-01-2009   #3
New on Forum

Re: plese insert the corrct cd-rom, select ok and application

my game no playing help me I'm having problems running GTA: San Andreas, after I mounted the ISO file onto the
virtual drive (L, I installed the game, then when I went to click "Play NEED.FOR.SPEED.UNDERGROUND . error plese insert the corrct cd-rom, select ok and application . error messages try no playing i us latest Alcohol 120%softwar no playing game i need play plis help:sad
Old 20-01-2009   #4
No longer with us

Merged the crossposts (looks silly now, doesn't it).

Please do not post your question in multiple sections of our forum (crossposting), it is impractical and against forum rules.
Da_Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009   #5

Don't use Antiblaxx. It's outdated and can mess up your system !
How have you created your image ?
BenQ EW164B(x2), LG GSA-5163D(x2), GH20NS15(x2) & LS15, Optiarc AD-7200S(x4), 7243S, 5280S-CB-PLUS, Pioneer BDR-S08XLT, Plextor PX-755SA, PX-B940SA@Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-B123L, Sony DRU-810A@BenQ DW1640
Terramex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009   #6
New on Forum

I found it to be a registry problem.

I've yet to find a registry cleaner that absolutely cleans every error (but that's another topic).

If you uninstall or somehow lost or delete a game (or some really annoying program), it is possible that registry remnants remain which may conflict with a new install. I learned this after several aggravating hours of reinstalling games such as the Call of Duty and BF2 series.

This could be as simple as the registry shows your game is installed to a new/different HDD or folder so the "insert correct ..." occurs because it is confused.

You need to edit the registry, a faster process than reinstalling your system, which for me may take 2 days.

If you don't confidently know how ask someone more knowledgable to assist you.

Basically: Start; Run; regedit; edit; find; find what:[enter term/s of offending program]; find next (F3 key).

Generally this may entail several passes using a variety of term/s seperately.

For example: Electronic Arts; Battlefield; BF2; or

Activision; Call of Duty (or such as COD, COD2) and so on.

Once you get a good grip on how to regedit, you may find a zillion entrys that should not be in the registry such as programs you used/no longer use/nagging, annoying expired trialware.

Again, if unsure, seek compentent assistance.

I hope this makes its way to a variety of forums discussing the topic: "insert correct cd/dvd ..."
2Dogsbarkin is offline   Reply With Quote