Old 01-02-2008   #1
New on Forum

NERO wave editor for splitting channels?

I have Nero6 (Wave Editor 2, Soundtrax 1) and was wondering if anyone knows if the Wave Editor or Soundtrax n Nero7 or Nero8 have a feature which can split a stereo track into separate channels? Audacity has this feature, but I much prefer editing in Nero Wave editor. At the moment I have to constantly switch between both programs (edit track in Nero, split it in Audacity, edit each channel again in Nero, combine channels in Audacity).
No luck googling, and the NERO site only has an incomplete manual for Wave Editor 3.
eagledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008   #2
New on Forum

Re: NERO wave editor for splitting channels?

i use nero 6's wave editor. my first thought is just to open a wave file, remove one channel, save it as 'left', open the original, remove the other channel, save it as 'right'.

but i guess you were looking for an all in one step? not sure.

edit - and i have no idea how to combine 2 mono files into 1 stereo file in nero
trevtdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008   #3
MyCE Resident

I use WaveEditor a little. In Nero8, I don't see any way to split the tracks apart, but there is a way to set the gain at 0 on one channel than save as mono. I don't see any way to combine tracks, but there's a bunch of surround sound tools I haven't looked at. In any case, your current method might be simplest.

The help files have very little information in this regard.
CDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008   #4
New on Forum

If you try Audacity (which is freeware) you'll see what I mean about being able to split/combine channels - it's an extremely handy function. Audacity looks like Nero Soundtrax but has many of the editing features of Nero Wave editor - except it's not as user friendly.
Anyway, thank you both for the info.

trevtdogg, if I were to use Nero to save one channel, I would do this: TOOLS->Stereo Processor. When that Tool opens, click on "Presets" and pick either "Only Left" or "Only Right," click OK, then save the channel as a Mono wave.
Is this your method, or would you do something else?
eagledave is offline   Reply With Quote