Old 24-03-2004   #1
New on Forum

how to split an album into differant tracks

HI people

Please excuse this poor quesion but i am new to this!!

I am using winmx and kazza to download mp3 albums.
But my problem is they are shown as 1 track not split up into differant tracks? Is there software out there that finds the pauses inbetween tracks and splits the album up.

Thanks for any replies
deanoabbeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2004   #2
New on Forum

http://www.mp3machine.com/software/MP3SplitJoin/
BlahBlahBlah32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004   #3
Waiting on Activation

you could write the whole thing as one track, then playback on cd and split the tracks individually (i found this out when playing atape to record it to cd)
tonydenvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2004   #4
CDFreaks Resident

Roxio's sound editer had this feature in it once......used to use it when capturing an LP to hard drive. Will have to dig around and see if I can find where the setting is....

You could ofcourse do it manually, as stated above. The 1 big wav file will have peaks and valleys ...and a straight line between the tracks when veiwed with any good sound editing program. This makes it pretty easy to copy paste track for track.....but an automated solution is nice too...
My Current Rig:Nvidia Gforce4 MX 4000 128meg, Biostar M7NCD, AthalonXP 2500+, 512meg DDR2700 1x 512, NEC 2510A, Matshita DVD-RAM LFD310, 160gig via 2x 80gig IBM Deskstar, 400watt ps, Win98SE, Chieftech Tower with extra fans and flashy lights,,,,I find the lights annoying and cool at the same time..hmm

Rig 2:Nvidia Riva TNT2 Pro 32meg, Gigabyte 7ZXE F9, AthalonXP 2100+, 640meg PC133 2x 256 / 1x 128, LG 52x24x52x, Creative DVD-Rom DVD2240E, 120Gig via 1x 40gig WDC400BB-00DKA0 / 1x 80gig ST380021A, 300watt ps, Firewire, XpPro SP1, Generic Mid tower case.

Rig 3:800 Duron, Crap ass cirrus 2 meg video card, 55 gig via 1x 15 gig seagate, 1x 40 gig IBM deskstar. 512 meg ram pc133 (I'm so proud..lol )

Old 09-08-2004   #5
New on Forum

Re: how to split an album into differant tracks

I have yet to find a splitting software I considered reliable enough that I didn't have to go check it's work manually anyways.

Pauses or rests in a song tend to get falsely splitted. I usually just find it less hassle to do it manually with my editing software.
injury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #6
CD Freaks Audio Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury
I have yet to find a splitting software I considered reliable enough that I didn't have to go check it's work manually anyways.
You haven't tried Feurio! or your burner isn't supported, I guess...
minix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #7
Top Referrer

simplist to use would be nero wave editor or ever windows media maker or sound recorder, simple but get the job dun fast
Old 17-08-2004   #8
New on Forum

try this MP3 Splitter & Joiner MP3 Splitter & Joiner allows you to split, cut or trim a large MP3 file into smaller pieces or to merge multiple MP3s into a single file. You can listen to the file, using the included playback capability and then split it by time and section as needed. You can also split files into equal time segments or by specifying the number of segments you want to achieve. The program also comes with a built-in ID3 tag editor.
ryan gammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #9
MyCE Resident

LOL, free tools are good enough for this.

Adobe Audition....you must be nuts!

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #10
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chef_ View Post
Adobe Audition....you must be nuts!
Or maybe a warez version ............but,giving him the benefit of the doubt,some people actually BUY 450+ $ software,although it mostly serves more purposes than track splitting then....
roadworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #11
Senior Moderator

And since the guy you guys are replying to is replying to a thread from 8 years ago, I'll give you guys the benefit of a doubt...

It's been at least 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 36 37 seconds since I had a sig...
(but who's counting?)
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #12
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
And since the guy you guys are replying to is replying to a thread from 8 years ago, I'll give you guys the benefit of a doubt...

We like replying...............the possability to hit the "new posts" button makes us believe this is actually a recent thread........
Besides that,I'm here from 2001,so that thread doesn't seem so old to me.....only 8 years....
roadworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #13
Retired Moderator

Sorry guys I saw no good reason for this very old thread to be re-opened so the post responsible has been deleted, but will keep yours due to your post count.

SJ
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #14
MyCE Resident

SJ ,I probably could just PM this but it can be removed if you like.
I think a lot of cleaning of posts by just signed up members . Who just post to get their count up could be deleted.
You know the kind . "Thanks for the info " etc.
Old 11-11-2012   #15
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
SJ ,I probably could just PM this but it can be removed if you like.
I think a lot of cleaning of posts by just signed up members . Who just post to get their count up could be deleted.
You know the kind . "Thanks for the info " etc.
No need to reove yours or others

I find there are various ways of spamming not saying this is the case here, however in many cases it is done within old threads that are re-opened by new members but I am giving this new member a benefit of the doubt and will keep an eye open on future posts.

SJ
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote