Old 15-08-2003   #1
MyCE Resident

How to download multiple files

All right, when I'm in a dir on the net, there are always multiple files (mostly gif/jpg).

I can download them one by one, but is it possible to select them all (or the ones I want) and click on save to save them all in once?
When you're little, what you really want is for grown-ups to make the world a safe place where dreams can come true and promises are never broken. And when you're little, it doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

Women might be able to fake orgasms.
But men can fake whole relationships.

New rig: Antec P182 Super Mid Tower, Intel Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz @ 3.0Ghz, Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme, Kingston 4Gb 1066Mhz dual channel, MSI NX8800GTX OC Edition 768 MB, 4 x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, Asus DRW-1814BLT DVD-RW, NEC AD-7173S DVD-RW, NEC 3,5" diskdrive, Logitech X-540 speakers, Samsung TFT SyncMaster 245B, Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 850Watt, dual boot Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.
Namoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2003   #2
Retired Administrator

You're in a directory, where the files are listed as links?

If so, you can use Flashget to download multiple files at once (the program has built-in filters so if you want just a couple of files or so, you can do so..).
Dee-ehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003   #3
CDFreaks Resident

i always liked the "leech" command inside go!zilla 3.x - never used version 4.x longer that ten minutes, tho...

Clockwork Tangerine

There is no spoon. Stir your coffee with your finger.

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

My new pc is here!!

Asus a7n8x deluxe - AMD Athlon xp 2800+ barton 512k cache 2080 MhZ (166*12.5) - 512 mb ddr 400mhz (pc3200) (x2) - maxtor d.max plus9 6y080p0 80gb u-ata133 7200rpm 8mb cache - Sapphire ATI RAD9600Pro 128M DDR TvOutDVI 8X - Coolermaster tube cables - Cooler master hhcl61 silent heat pipe socket a - Pioneer DVD-106s 16x40 - Lite-ON ltr-52246s

The bo$$ would like to see you
cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003   #4
CD Freaks Junior Member

I prefer the FlashGet download manager, as it seems to work best at Web sites all over the World. The other download managers often have problems at Oriental sites

At a Web page, one can right-click any download link and select download all with FlashGet. This works if the links are HTTP links. If they are Java links, then you have to download them one at a time. I do not believe any download manager currently handles Java links. Nor do any Web page stripper (say, WebCopier or Snag-It) work with Java links, as far as I know. Check - Copy and paste the link into Notepad to see what type of link is on the Web page
John375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003   #5
CDFreaks Resident

FlashGet just rules !
BoSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003   #6
Letiled Modelatol

Flashget/Reget (they're almost identical, dunno which is based on which though) and Getright.
Flashget has that handy paste-url feature that you are after.
  • bcn_246: "Wales are shitty animals to, all they do is swim around and make funny noises that people cant hear."
  • You really should join us on IRC! IrcNet, #cdfreaks-int | Or go here
  • Fear my massive avatar history log! Not updated!
  • "But do they keep increasing in size like mine?" - kwkard
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003   #7
CD Freaks Junior Member

There are difference in download managers
GetRight & Gozilla worked best in the USA & Canada
ReGet and DAP were basically favored in Europe
FlashGet (aka JetCar) and NetAnts were favored in the Orient

I never could get GetRight or Gozilla to work at the Oriental sites. They simply would never catch the download link no matter how many times I tried. I switched to FlashGet years ago after Oriental site after Oriental site so suggested.

ReGet and DAP proved to weak and clumsy to bother with.

It is my understanding that, as of now, FlashGet is the best download manager around. It works all over the world nowadays. No doubt it is the simpliest and easiest to use. One can quickly and simply change download folders on the fly
John375 is offline   Reply With Quote