Old 01-01-2007   #1
New on Forum

How to copy CD's to DVD's

My subject is the question, except it's only CD audio copies of books I've collected that I'd like to put on to DVD's. All I've read has been about copying movies and such. This would be all audio. Is it possible?

Thanks for any help.
cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: How to copy CD's to DVD's

Pull the files off the CD and then use a program to write the files to a DVD.
DetroitBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
CDFreaks Resident

If you rip the cd to mp3, then you could use Nero or something like that to make a mp3 DVD. This would be playable in most modern standalone dvd players, either through the TV or an audio system.
strachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #4
MyCE Resident

This has NOTHING to do with AnyDVD does it?
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL
This has NOTHING to do with AnyDVD does it?
Doesn't seem like it to me.
DetroitBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #6
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

This thread is not AnyDVD related in any way. I am going to transfer the thread to the Audio Forum.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #7
CD Freaks Die Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspence
My subject is the question, except it's only CD audio copies of books I've collected that I'd like to put on to DVD's. All I've read has been about copying movies and such. This would be all audio. Is it possible?
Can you let us know if you are wanting to copy to DVD for backup, or to play them on a computer or standalone DVD writer?
What format are the audio files in?

If you're making a backup, then do as DetroitBaseball suggests and copy the files from CDs to your HD and then burn to a DVD.
Old 03-01-2007   #8
MyCE Senior Member

Specifically, what you're looking to do is to "rip" the CDs to MP3s and then to burn those MP3s as a data-DVD.
Old 07-01-2007   #9
New on Forum

Forgive my ignorance..I'm truly a newbie. The files I get from the library are all with the extension .wma, and can be easily copied to CD's, thanks to the Overdrive program. What I'd like to do is copy(burn?) what's on those CD's to DVD's so they can be listened on my DVD player. Will that work after converting .wma to mp3?
Old 07-01-2007   #10
CDFreaks Resident

I could be wrong but I think you're going to get scolded for breaking the rules you agreed to.

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance..I'm truly a newbie. The files I get from the library are all with the extension .wma, and can be easily copied to CD's, thanks to the Overdrive program. What I'd like to do is copy(burn?) what's on those CD's to DVD's so they can be listened on my DVD player. Will that work after converting .wma to mp3?

Last edited by jeff53404; 07-01-2007 at 00:49.
jeff53404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #11
New on Forum

'Sorry Jeff..I don't know what "rules" you mean. I don't recall any stipulation as to what can be done with the library downloads once they're on a CD, as Overdrive allows.
Old 07-01-2007   #12
CD Freaks Die Hard

"The Rules" relate to copyright issues - your post kind of indicates that you may be borrowing audio books from a public library and then making copies of them, which wouldn't be allowed under the CDF rules, as you don't own the original copy.
Maybe you should give us more info if you meant something else.

Anyhow - my own standalone DVD player (I'm assuming you mean a standalone hooked up to a tv, rather than the drive in your computer?) will play MP3s and audio CD formats on CDs or DVDs with no problem. Read the manual of your DVD player and it will tell you what formats it can play - then you can decide what format to burn your DVD in.
Old 08-01-2007   #13
New on Forum

Prof: Thanks for your help. Just to explain further, the following is a quote from the Overdrive program I mentioned:

"OverDrive Media Console grants you the added functionality to transfer media to supported portable devices, and to burn CDs of audio books and music (when allowed by the publisher)." So I don't think I'm breaking any rules.
Old 08-01-2007   #14
CDFreaks Resident

I took the following from the Overdrive website and I have underlined "at the end of the loan period, titles automatically expire".

Quote:
Relevant For Today's Learner
School Download Library provides the books students need in the digital formats they want. Media can be enjoyed on laptops, PCs, Pocket PCs, PDAs, Smartphones, and CD or MP3 players, depending
on digital format and use permissions. At the end of the loan period, titles automatically expire. With titles for grade levels K-12, OverDrive School Download Library is designed for anytime access from home.

Additionally, you began your thread with the following:

Quote:
...CD audio copies of books I've collected that I'd like to put on to DVD's.
This indicates they are yours.

Prof. Honeydew states the following with my emphasis being "kind of indicates"

Quote:
"The Rules" relate to copyright issues - your post kind of indicates that you may be borrowing audio books from a public library and then making copies of them, which wouldn't be allowed under the CDF rules, as you don't own the original copy.
This post reminds me of Dead Skunk by Loudon Wainwright III.
jeff53404 is offline   Reply With Quote