Old 02-02-2007   #51
CD Freaks Rookie

Re: Free Downloads......Your welcome :-)

Another free firewall:

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

I'm still running on Agnitum Outpost trial version, but switching to this one next.
schaaksmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #52
New on Forum

hey all! newbie here. has anyone got a version of uk info disk on here? desperate to download it but having no luck whatsoever! thanks in advance. sean
seanyboy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #53
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

No problems

Go here

and

here...very helpful

Enjoy.
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #54
New on Forum

ah. nice one thank you and apologies for the insinuated request.
Old 07-02-2007   #55
New on Forum

just read forum rules!!
Old 07-02-2007   #56
New on Forum

duh!
Old 07-02-2007   #57
MyCE Resident

You´re welcome

Errm, now that that´s cleared up, you´ll find that this is a very helpful forum...full of experts on just about any topic, from setting up your burner the right way to solving problems with your wife and/or girlfriend...etc
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
Old 07-02-2007   #58
New on Forum

now that does sound helpful!!! how can a man successfully win an argument in a house full of four girls!?? seriously, i'm the worlds most inept person at fitting and installing programs on my pc, you guys will be my first and only hope! thanks.
Old 08-02-2007   #59
Banned

THANK U VERY MUCH SEXY SOUTHERN BELLE for your list!

My pick for hot free download is Bindex Media Manager available at Bindex.com or Download.com

It helps us organize and catalog all my CD and DVD titles, with or without my webcam!!!
It's been pretty cool and it's freaking FREE! It has a lot of features that programs charge for. Check it out.

Here's the link from Download.com:
http://www.download.com/3000-20-106...j=dl&tag=button

The site's very good as well. Very hip.
www.Bindex.com

I have been using the software and website for a week now and I like the fact that I don't have to use an excel sheet anymore to see my movies. I can export my list to excel sheet or pdf anyways. Better do it and have fun than freaking type away at it. I want more of a visual, so I get that with the software and the website too.

I especially like the Virtual Library section. My friends can see what I got and I can see what they got too.

We're all cd & dvd freaks/collectors so I think the Collection Level ranking is something we can appreciate. I entered over 500 cd titles and I just went GOLD! I think the system allows me to go Platinum and double platinum and so on! I feel like a ROCK STAR!

There is more to it. Check it out, this is my new hotspot

Regards,
HABSCUP
habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #60
Chocolate Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup
THANK U VERY MUCH SEXY SOUTHERN BELLE for you list!

My pick for hot free download is Bindex Media Manager available at Bindex.com or Download.com

It helps us organize and catalog all my CD and DVD titles, with or without my webcam!!!
It's been pretty cool and it's freaking FREE! It has a lot of features that programs charge for. Check it out.

Here's the link from Download.com:
http://www.download.com/3000-20-106...j=dl&tag=button

The site's very good as well. Very hip.
www.Bindex.com

I have been using the software and website for a week now and I like the fact that I don't have to use an excel sheet anymore to see my movies. I can export my list to excel sheet or pdf anyways. Better do it and have fun than freaking type away at it. I want more of a visual, so I get that with the software and the website too.

I especially like the Virtual Library section. My friends can see what I got and I can see what they got too.

We're all cd & dvd freaks/collectors so I think the Collection Level ranking is something we can appreciate. I entered over 500 cd titles and I just went GOLD! I think the system allows me to go Platinum and double platinum and so on! I feel like a ROCK STAR!

There is more to it. Check it out, this is my new hotspot

Regards,
HABSCUP
you are very much welcome......and thanks for the new one i'll have to check it out and reorganize my library as well
Sexy_Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #61
chh
New on Forum

anydvd to download
chh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #62
chh
New on Forum

please tell
Old 12-02-2007   #63
chh
New on Forum

looking for free download on anydvd software. please help
Old 12-02-2007   #64
Legal Senior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chh
This is not a warez assistance forum.

AnyDVD is commercial software. If you like the program, buy a licence.

Please re-read the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum before posting again.
Old 12-02-2007   #65
Blown to smitherines

Quote:
Originally Posted by chh
You can download any slysoft product for free here.
After 3 weeks you will be required to either register it or uninstall it.

You're welcome.

You will be baked ... and there will be cake ... you monster.
Click here to still be alive!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #66
MyCE Resident

Freebie ONLY today for those who wanna convert any video to flash
Old 14-02-2007   #67
MyCE Resident

A really informative tool can be found here http://www.download.com/3000-20-10007277.html

Scans your system and tells you everything you need to know...from security settings (and how to improve them) and an overall security rating, to serial numbers of all of your software.

Last edited by deanimator; 14-02-2007 at 01:29. Reason: wrong link
Old 17-02-2007   #68
New on Forum

I noticed someone mentioned winRAR on the first page. What should you do when your free trial runs out?
WorstOfTheWorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007   #69
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Buy it or try a freeware option, such as 7-zip

Link to 7-zip - give it a try, a lot of people like it.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007   #70
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne
Link to 7-zip - give it a try, a lot of people like it.
I'm one of them!
DrageMester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007   #71
New on Forum

Thank you, I'm pretty new to all of this and don't know what most of it means.
WorstOfTheWorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007   #72
CD Freaks Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RmF
another for the utilities category:
crapcleaner file cleaner and registry cleaner. works pretty good.
http://www.ccleaner.com/

RmF
crapcleaner is good, but some people find it too "aggressive". A better and more user-friendly alternative, with very good Undo options, is Easy Cleaner - available from here http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

br1anstorm
br1anstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007   #73
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1anstorm
crapcleaner is good, but some people find it too "aggressive". A better and more user-friendly alternative, with very good Undo options, is Easy Cleaner - available from here http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

br1anstorm
Just be very careful with those cleaners. I deleted some "duplicate files" and couldn't log on anymore. My mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, only in safe mode. But, it always went back to the login window and I couldn't click or key-in the info. Had to reload XP and start from scratch, lost a lot of info. Obviously, one of those "duplicate files" was a driver (I guess) that I needed. Live and learn
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007   #74
MyCE Resident

Here´s a nice way to clean-up the look of your desktop, plus some other cute free stuff
http://www.sillysot.com/
Old 28-02-2007   #75
Gone but not forgotten

I've been looking for a "free" (not free to try) PDF writer that works with Vista. I've tried 5 or 6 that didn't work with Vista or we not really free.
Finally found one that works! It's called "CutePDF Writer". It shows no sign of add or spyware. Seems to have no strings attached either. You can find it at MajorGeeks.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/CutePDF_Writer_d5409.html
wobble is offline   Reply With Quote