Old 04-05-2009   #1
MyCE Rookie

ez vinyl converter to itunes

so, i bought an ion ttusb10, and the ez vinyl converter worked wonderfully backing up my first 70 lp's into itunes. i took a break for a while and tried to resume my arduous task today. it converted fine, but i kept getting the error message: "unable to export to iTunes. Please make sure you close active windows in iTunes." after retrying several times, some of them would export, but then i had multiple versions of many of the tracks.

however, the only open window WAS ITUNES! i tried to find this message at the apple website, but never got a single hit.

what can i do?!? haven't even come close to finding a reference on the net that is COMPLETELY relevant to this issue.
georgemroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2

Re: ez vinyl converter to itunes

Did you ever resolve "Export to iTunes" problem ??

I have to same problem, failure occurs during EZ Vinyl Converter Export (Step 6), during creation of or passing temp file to iTunes.
Temp file created as #02 (when it worked #01 was created).
The Temp file contains copied audio file. (you can play it).
WaltD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #3

I have the same problen. Can only export one by one.
Did somebody solve it?
Kees
radconsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #4

This is the latest info that I received from ION..
Audacity is very cumbersome and not user friendly..

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in ION Audio. I am sorry to hear of the issue that you are having.

Currently the EZ Vinyl Converter is not compatible with iTunes 9.0. We are working on a fix.

For the time being I would suggest that you use the Audacity program.
Keep an eye on our website www.ionaudio.com for future software releases.
jprincipe@ion-audio.com
Joe Principe
Technical Support &
Return Authorizations
ION Audio | Numark
200 Scenic View Dr
Cumberland, RI02864
P: 401.658.3743 x1405
www.ion-audio.com
Old 08-11-2009   #5

Thanks a lot for the answer!!!
At last I can stop working days to solve this problem!!!
Old 18-11-2009   #6

Last Update Received fron Ion, Downloaded EZ 4.1 and
ran w/iTunes 9.0.2...... O.K.
WaltD

Thank you for your interest in Ion Audio!

We have released a new version of EZ Vinyl/ Tape Converter for Windows for our USB turntables, Tape 2 PC, and U-Record products.

This new version adds 2 new key features.

• Adds support for iTunes 9
• Adds support for Windows 7

Below you will find direct-download links to the latest versions. Please click on the blue link to the right of your computer type to begin the download.

1.EZ Converter: a very simple, recording program that exports MP3 files directly into your iTunes library.
·Windows: EZ Vinyl/ Tape Converter 4.1
·Macintosh Intel: EZ Audio Converter 3 for Macintosh [English]
·Macintosh PPC: EZ Converter 1.5 for Mac [English]
For Macintosh users, to find out if you have a PPC or INTEL Mac, click on the apple in the top left of your screen, click on ‘about this Mac’ and read the processor specs. If it says INTEL core 2 duo – you have an INTEL Mac. If it says Power PC then you have a ‘PPC’ Mac. Please download version 1.5 if you use a Power PC Mac.

If you would like immediate phone support - You can reach our support department for troubleshooting over the phone and/ or repair authorization by calling us at 401-658-3131 ext 1405. We are available to help you 8:30am - 4:30pm EST Monday through Friday (except holidays).
Old 18-11-2009   #7

Thanks a lot!!
I'm going to try immediately!!
Old 20-01-2010   #8

I received an ION Profile Pro USB Turntable for Christmas. I would frequently get the "Unable to export to iTunes" message when in Step 6. After much frustration and hair pulling (and I don't have much left) I discovered a solution.

During Step 6 and after the iTunes window opens, the name and progress of the track that is being saved is shown in the top-middle of the screen. At this point, and after the blue progress bar begins to show in the Step 6 window, click on the right-pointing play triangle in the upper left-hand corner of the iTunes window. iTunes should begin playing tracks randomly from your previously saved Music Library (not the ones you are saving to iTunes). All the tracks should save to iTunes without a problem and with no duplication. I have even found I can be on the Internet or working with other programs while the conversion process is going on. If you want to know what track is playing, go to View and then Go to Current Song.

Since I made this discovery everything is working great! I am very pleased with the sound playback. I was very close to taking the turntable back. Good luck!
kansas2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010   #9

Kansas2010 is absolutely right!. I just tried his solution and it worked. It did give me 2 copies of some of the songs but I did get whole album finally. I just deleted the 2nd copy of the songs. Finally something that works. I was getting frustrated and trying all different things. The problem is, each time I would have to wait for the whole album to record first before I would find out if it was gonna work or not. Thanks, Kansas2010!

Last edited by frankiez; 13-02-2010 at 03:27. Reason: misspelled
frankiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010   #10

Another problem I'm having is that after I'm done recording it gets to the part where I list the album and song titles. On some albums even if there is 10 songs it will only give me spots for 8 song titles. The last songs ended up not getting converted. Maybe they are converted but not imported to Itunes. If they are converted and in the pc, where can I find them and how can I import them to add them to that album?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 13-02-2010   #11
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiez View Post
Another problem I'm having is that after I'm done recording it gets to the part where I list the album and song titles. On some albums even if there is 10 songs it will only give me spots for 8 song titles. The last songs ended up not getting converted. Maybe they are converted but not imported to Itunes. If they are converted and in the pc, where can I find them and how can I import them to add them to that album?

Any help will be appreciated.
Maybe the software missed the silence between tracks and a couple of tracks are actually 2 songs long? If that's the case you can separate them with MP3 DirectCut.

PS: If the ION shows up as a sound device, you could record the album using MP3 DirectCut too.

It's been at least 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 36 37 seconds since I had a sig...
(but who's counting?)
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiez View Post
Kansas2010 is absolutely right!. I just tried his solution and it worked. It did give me 2 copies of some of the songs but I did get whole album finally. I just deleted the 2nd copy of the songs. Finally something that works. I was getting frustrated and trying all different things. The problem is, each time I would have to wait for the whole album to record first before I would find out if it was gonna work or not. Thanks, Kansas2010!
I'm glad you found my solution helpful. However, I would suggest that you download the new version of EZ Vinyl/ Tape Converter for Windows mentioned by WaltD in his 18-11-2009 posting as follows: ·Windows: EZ Vinyl/ Tape Converter 4.1. It is much faster when converting to iTunes and you do not get the error messages. Incidentally, if the number of tracks on the record and the number actually recorded do not coincide, you will have to uncheck the Split Recording Into Tracks box and manually enter when they occur. I was very pleased with this new software.
kansas2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010   #13

kansas2010, I tried to download the new version when I first got my turntable but for some reason I cant find the new version on my pc. I've tried saving it to the desktop, into certain folders etc, but it won't let me find it. I DO have AVG on my pc and I'm wondering if it is keeping me from seeing it and loading it up. any help would be appreciated.

ALSO: great idea about "manually separating the track". I'm doing this as I type this. The only drawback is that I hafta sit here to make sure I hit "new track" at the end of each song. Small price to pay I guess.

Last edited by frankiez; 14-02-2010 at 18:45.
Old 15-03-2010   #14

For XP operating systems, may even work with others.

Hi there Everyone - hope your troubles will be over.

I recently purchased the Ion Contour LP and had everyone’s problems and maybe more. I took it back to Maplin and a tidy tech man and I worked a number of things out.

1st -The Sound tab volume slider found as described in XP set up needs be placed to the bottom. Open Audacity and click on the Input Sliders (top right) so it is activated. Place a record on the deck and play it. Look at the Input bar and with the Sound tab slider, click to increase its height by using the Up arrow on the keyboard until you are happy that no clipping is occurring in the input bar. And that is it. Oh and when you open Ez vinyl etc the gain control next to the sound bars need to be turned right down to -3.0. This can be adjusted a little higher if the record is low. This cures clipping and distortion.

2nd - I had the same problem transferring to iTunes. Completely uninstall iTunes and Ez Vinyl/Taper Converter. Do not use the disk to reinstall them, instead download from the Internet. You can find iTunes virtually aware, and I installed vers 9.0. For the Ez Vinyl/Tape Converter click on the following link.
http://www.ionaudio.com/contentmgr/s...ls.php/id/1278 It brings up a form, first name, last name etc, this has to be filled in which takes you to the download page, follow the links to the download zip file.

The second disc which came with my exchange deck had nothing at all on it and it automatically opened Microsoft’s Media Player. So I reckon all discs are suspect.

3rd – When using the converter to enter the Artist, Album and Track name, check that there is the same number of blank tracks as there are on the record. If there is an extra one or one less then when in iTunes you will have to check that the track conforms to the record. What appears to happen is the converter either adds another track if the song goes quite or joins two songs because the gaps between songs on the record has not been recognised. If it splits a song into two tracks, that song has to be done separately by fist un-checking the box that automatically inserts the record into tracks. This is not the programs fault but the recordings.

That’s it, I hope you have the same enjoyment I’m having. I think it is extreme value for what it is and more.
DNDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010   #15

I downloaded the latest software 4.1 and am having trouble.
With the older software EZ vinyl would output the converted file to 'artist/albumname/track' in iTunes. The new software, 4.1, just outputs the files to 'Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/temp***.mp3. Whats up with the latest software?

I like the latest because it lets me input all track names on one page where the older software would make me type in the track name on seperate pages.

Also, the new software doesn't appear to try to look up the album and track names for me like the old software did.
parman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010   #16

When you arrive at iTunes after recording and you see "unknown artist etc" what has happened is that iTunes or Ezvinyl has mistaken somewhere on the track, or album between tracks, as silence.

When this occurs you have to record the track singularly . Unfortunately this is always the case and there is no answer to it other than doing it individually. I believe Ezvinyl is too sensitive; however its reproduction is brilliant.

Be careful when transferring in iTunes. When you see it loading at the top, wait a minute or two to make sure it has all transferred from Ez vinyl. I have recorded onto discs only to find somewhere in the disc, a track has failed at the end, this is down to not waiting until iTunes finishes converting/transferring the tracks.

Sorry I can’t help you with looking up the album. I have only just joined the Net owing to not having a telephone line. I am currently using a dongle.

Hope this helps.
DNDN

Last edited by DNDN; 19-05-2010 at 01:00. Reason: missing words
DNDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010   #17

I think something is fishy about gracenote.com #1 they hang up on your support calls and the EZ tape converter as long as your computer is connected to the internet it dosn't work and this is me and these stuped hackers

the last time i download the new version of EZ tape converter my itunes stopped working untill the new update and an uninstallation on the EZ software. now I must use no internet connection and an old version of EZ tape converter hint: the one my tape to pc came with when i baught it
jdw17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010   #18

i think you have to have all windows closed in itunes and also make sure that you don't have a exsisting song playing or open and also make sure that the Itunes colum browser is closed that may fix this problem but I think it is gracenote
jdw17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010   #19

I went to Mixmeister and there was not much support for EZ vynl converter, but there was a reference to ion audio. On their site, is a download for a newer version, which supposedly workds with itures V9.
DaveJonasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010   #20

With all due respect to those who worked on this software -- it's functionality is so limited that a person might save money by simply BUYING the songs. Specifically:

1) With iTunes 10.x, none of the releases of EZ Converter work properly. The most current release will not:
- Search Gracenote to find the artist / album, etc.
- Even when that information is manually entered, it doesn't wind up on your drive by artist / album, etc

The older release will seek-out Gracenote - which is great - but will not copy all tracks from 1 side of an album - the final song will not get copied.

2) With an older release of iTunes, results are also incomplete.

Does ANYONE have a working combination of EZ converter / iTunes that works 100%. Or even 75%?

Thanks.
boppenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #21

I agree about the functionality of this software. Is there any reason to directly go to ITunes? Why not just save the MP3's to a directory then manually import the music to ITunes or save it to your non-Apple MP3 player? Also if you do that it would not matter what release of ITunes you have.

Seems that a lot of the problem here have to do with ITunes compatibility.

Why no checkpoint? Can't restart without re-capturing all the tracks. Better hope that you don't have a power drop in the middle of identifying the tracks with Gracenote, Just have to start all over.

Unfortunately some of the vinyl I have is not available on any other format so purchasing it is not an option.
WizardO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011   #22

since updating the software to rid myself of the previously mentioned problem, I still can't figure out a way for it to keep the track names instead of importing every file name as temp1, temp2, etc.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanx for any and all help!!
misfit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #23

has anyone found that after going through the whole process with your cassettes and records,downloading to itunes and find that you lose your sound on your computer and then and you find them in you music folder not in in itunes??
navcat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012   #24

I had the same problem with mine. But earlier this month I went to http://www.ionaudio.com/ezvc and found an up-dated program. I have not had any more proplems with it uploading. I have an old system and it works good and even faster than before. I hope this helps everyone.
JesseMrscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012   #25

Is it ION or Itunes

just bought Ion turntable with Ez converter program on cd
loaded same
worked first time unfortunately my cd dvd player has stopped
it powers up - it is in the boot program
just not recognized by device manager
--is the issue the new version of Itunes that loads with the EZ software or is it the EZ software ?
Have replaced CD/dvd burner with OEM and it worked once until I activated Itunes to see if the previous session was there.
1970seminole is offline   Reply With Quote