Old 14-11-2006   #1
New on Forum

closed caption problems

hey to all on here nice place to be.im having copy movies and when they are done they all have close caption on them.i have used dvdfab plantium ,dvdfab decrypter ,magic copier and they all do this.i went into settings but i cant see any close caption .does someone no what would cause this,thank you.
ukchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: closed caption problems

Captions are listed as Subpicture or Subtitle when ripping/encoding...you should also be able to turn them off via your DVD players remote control.
LOCOENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006   #3
MyCE Resident

Closed captions are not subtitles! Closed captions are part of the video stream and are decoded by the TV during playback, whereas subtitles reside as a separate stream in the VOB. Closed captions can be turned on/off via TV remote, indicated as CC1 or CC2 in the TV menu, and subtitles via DVD remote. You usually see closed captions as white letters on a black background and subtitles as varying 4-bit color.

@ukchap, I think you mean subtitles. The software you mentioned would allow you to select which subtitle(s) you want to keep.
toaddub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006   #4
New on Forum

hey thanks toaddub i figure that much but thats not my problem.when i get done doing a movie i always play it in my computer to make sure everthing went ok.but thats the problem their close caption even on my computer.ive been doing this for about a year and a half and it cant be turned off because it happen to me befor...once that closed caption its on there for good.ive tryed what you are saying about the remote and it doesnt work at all...
Old 15-11-2006   #5
New on Forum

i tryed another software to copy dvds and put it in the computer drive to watch it,lol it had close caption on it to.why is closed caption on these movies.this is crazy...
Old 15-11-2006   #6
MyCE Resident

What software player are you using to play? Closed captions can be turned off/on when playing - I see it in PowerDVD and Showtime. Check the options in the context menu.

Describe what your closed captions look like - color and background color, if any? I'm not sure if you term it correctly.

Last edited by toaddub; 15-11-2006 at 07:36.
Old 15-11-2006   #7
New on Forum

hey toaddub im useing power dvd se and the closed caption setting is on off but it still shows up.i have some good news .when i play it in my yamaha its working fine.so thats the good news,thank you for the help...
Old 16-11-2006   #8
New on Forum

it dont matter anyways my dvd player keeps saying loading......in other words its messed up go figure...
Old 16-11-2006   #9
MyCE Resident

You said it's working on your yamaha, now it keeps loading, so what gives? This is probably a media quality or burning problem.

You also said closed captions still shows up even if it's turned off, this goes back to my post #6. Please describe. Maybe your PowerDVD SE is buggy.
Old 16-11-2006   #10
New on Forum

what happened today my wife was testing to see if the movies i did last week had close caption on them to.they were ok then she tryed some others then it says loading which is normal when you just put them in .then thats the only thing it did>>>just loading they wouldnt play.i blamed her for messing it up,lol.when i play them on here useing power dvd se the close caption is on.when the movies is playing i right click on the screen i go down to close caption setting and its on off.why the close caption is on the screen while the movie is plaing i dont no.but now i got to fix the problem with my yamaha.i just bought this a while back.the tuner and tv part is working.i cant even play a cd in it either,just loading.i read the book on it and it says there might be some moi sture in there and to leave it open for an hour...where its working ok now ...