Old 30-06-2002   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

Best MP3 Normalizer

What's the best MP3 normalizer aside from MP3 Gain? Thanks!
Old 30-06-2002   #2
CD Freaks Senior Member

Check out mp3Trim.
This tool can normalize mp3 files without any loss in quality.
little-endian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2002   #3
CD Freaks Junior Member

It's true.
cdcopier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002   #4
CDFreaks Resident

Try Sound Stream or even MusicMatch JukeBox.
darshanjog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002   #5
New on Forum

Try Mp3 Gain
fradao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002   #6
Lord of the Strings

Quote:
What's the best MP3 normalizer aside from MP3 Gain? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally posted by fradao
Try Mp3 Gain
People should read better.

http://www.mandrivaclub.nl

Chat with fellow freakers (and meet the famous Ruff-Next): IRCnet > #cdfreaks (Dutch) & #cdfreaks-int
dansmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002   #7
New on Forum

normalizer

mp3 gain is allright but there has to be something better so im going to try this mp3 trim
Old 23-07-2002   #8
CD Freaks Member

Normalization, use mp3DirectCut

Tried all the above and like best mp3DirectCut, a free product you can get at http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#mp3dc.

No fees and no decodeing and re-encoding.
jolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007   #9
New on Forum

Re: Best MP3 Normalizer

Ashampoo MP3 Audio Center. Normalizes, puts original in recycle bin auto, just 1-click. Simple...
nitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007   #10
MyCE Resident

AdaptX (plugin for WinAMP) and a DirectX compressor such as the one included Sony ACID, performs it on the fly.
//Danne
DiiZzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007   #11
New on Forum

You can never improve the quality of sound without the master copy. In this case the CD it was pressed onto by the music recording company.

Same goes for video.

Doogie
DoogieHowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007   #12
Senior Moderator

OP: Why not MP3 Gain? I've been using it for years now, and like it fine. I use it to normalize whole CDs worth of MP3s to play on my car deck. I also use the normalizer in MP3 DirectCut or TotalRecorder or Audacity or CDex or whatever other tool I happen to be using at the time. 'Normalizing' is pretty straight forward as it's simply adding a constant value to the samples that make up the file.
olyteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007   #13
MyCE Member

Is there a universal tool for all audio files and not just MP3?
I've been using Ashampoo Music Studio to normalize but I'm not sure whether it just normalizes or recodes the files.
espresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007   #14
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
Is there a universal tool for all audio files and not just MP3?
I've been using Ashampoo Music Studio to normalize but I'm not sure whether it just normalizes or recodes the files.
Audacity works with a lot of formats, but has to re-encode most of them.
Old 19-04-2007   #15
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

I´ve been going nuts trying to normalize WAV files made for pronunciation practice by various teachers at school...audio levels all over the place...horrendous results when burned to disc (from very quiet by one dude, to super loud by the next = scary for the student)
Just tracked down this very simple normalizer...ran a quick test...seems to do the trick very nicely...

Check it out http://members.home.nl/w.speek/wavegain.htm
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieHowser View Post
You can never improve the quality of sound without the master copy. In this case the CD it was pressed onto by the music recording company.

Same goes for video.

Doogie
Actually, the Bedini CD Ultra Clarifier improves the quality of even new CDs. It isn't permanent and it would seem like voodoo, but take my word (and many experts) for it, it does work.
Emplehod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010   #17
MyCE Resident

Thanks for the laughs Emplehod..
Now I won't need to read the Sunday funnies..
I much prefer the green marker method..It's sounds sooo much better after applying it on my fave CD's..

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nee1 View Post
Thanks for the laughs Emplehod..
Now I won't need to read the Sunday funnies..
I much prefer the green marker method..It's sounds sooo much better after applying it on my fave CD's..
You obviously have never heard it but I have because I own one. Maybe you should read some reviews:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/bedini.htm

http://www.bedini.com/reviews.htm
Old 19-09-2010   #19
MyCE Resident

Just b/c you own one doesn't make it a fact..There have been many, many debunked so-called magic devices, and this one is right up there with the'best' of the other snake-oil favorites..
But hey who am I to say, you can't actually hear a difference..
And come on, you don't really believe everything you read, do you?..
Now I'm off to the green-marker sale at wally world..Wouldn't want any data falling off the edge of my discs..
G-day!..

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
Old 19-09-2010   #20

It amazes me how many so-called "audiophiles" will spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on audio accessories like interconnects and high-grade speaker wire and claim to hear a difference. The Ultra Clarifier is at least a hundred times more noticeable than these, yet you will mock it without ever trying it yourself. The funny thing is, people will spend exorbitant amounts on wires from stereo shops and not realize that all that fine demo equipment in the stores is operating on the cheapest Radio Shack RCA cables and zip cord speaker wire. The only exceptions are where the customer might see the cable. And as far as debunking goes, nobody has debunked Bedini's invention because they can't. Bedini is an audio genius. He has produced surround sound systems from only two front speakers and even stereo sound from a SINGLE speaker and he did that like 20 years ago.
Old 19-09-2010   #21
Senior Moderator

Perhaps you can find more useful things here: http://www.bpes.de/en/produkte_e.html
(for some odd reason the owner of that website hasn't realised we have the Euro for years )

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010   #22

It is apparent to me that not many people here are in the professional audio field and I guess that's a good thing for the world. Reminds me of people in the 15th Century that scoffed Columbus and the like for wanting to sail around the world because they knew for a fact that the earth was flat and anyone sailing too far would fall off the edge.

Oh yeah, the moon landing was faked too.
Old 20-09-2010   #23
MyCE Resident

I guess, unless you're a professional, you'll never know what great sound is, eh!..
Have fun with your CD re-winder..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ

Old 20-09-2010   #24
Senior Moderator

OKAY now guys...This thread has been derailed far enough. 'the Bedini CD Ultra Clarifier' has little to do with the topic, but I allowed it because it suggests a possible audible improvement. Apparently Emplehod truly believes in the product. To each his own, I say. However, if this thread degrades further I will start cleaning it up. OKAY? BTW nice lecture t0nee1. I watched it all and now understand better the 'psycho acoustic' field.

It's been at least 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 36 37 seconds since I had a sig...
(but who's counting?)

Last edited by olyteddy; 21-09-2010 at 07:23.
Old 21-09-2010   #25

Being as others here can insult me without having an opportunity to defend myself, as my post is deleted, then I request that you remove my account completely from these forums. I will be more particular in the future and not post in forums where people are so close-minded.