Old 11-05-2004   #1
CDFreaks Resident

AfterDark Screensavers On Windows XP

Hey,

I was going through my CD archives the other day when I found an old AfterDark Simpsons Screensaver CD. I thought i'd give it a try on Windows XP, as last time I tried it didn't work. So when I went to install it, i got the message in the attachment. I have heard of this problem, and searched the net for it, and found some good advice, on the Windows Application Compatibility, but none of the settings seem to work. Can anyone help?

It can work on XP(some reports are successful).

Thankyou
Attached Images
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Version 1 is now released! You can get it here.

In it you can learn about SafeDisc, SecuROM and heaps of other protections and learn on how to defeat them. Also you can take a look at some of my various tutorials in it and some frequently asked questions asked. Plus heaps more!
Enjoy!
$CyBeRwIz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: AfterDark Screensavers On Windows XP

Is it a EXE file or a SCR file?

If it's a EXE then maybe you can run it in emulation mode.
petera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004   #3
New on Forum

I got the After Dark 10th anniversary and it works in Windows XP (for me anyway), you should be able to import the AfterDark Simpsons Screensavers there when you have installed the After Dark 10th anniversary CD.

You will never get the AfterDark Simpsons Screensavers CD as it requires windows 3.1

If you have broadband connection I can give you the After Dark 10th anniversary if you give me the AfterDark Simpsons as I have been looking for both the After Dark Simpsons & Disney (used to have them on floppy disks befor but have not been able to find it again)

a ziped version of the the After Dark 10th anniversary CD is about 35MB
mr_magnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2004   #4
New on Forum

I'm interested in the 10th anni. edition as well, I have some other older AD screen savers maybe a swap

I have Star Trek TNG
Simpsons
Totally Twisted
More After Dark

Thanks

Greg
cool_greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004   #5
New on Forum

Help me with After Dark please!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I'm Angel from Spain. I'm looking for After Dark Simpsons around the internet, but no results... You said that you have it. Would you like to send it to me by email?? If not by email, explain another way to do it, please!!!!!!
I hope that you will help me!! Sorry about my english... My e-mail its: thekebanashi@eresmas.com
If you have messenger: thekebanashi@hotmail.com
Send the screensaver to the first email direction.
thekebanashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004   #6
CDFreaks Resident

I put my email to get it on something, but I forget where. Sure

In it you can learn about SafeDisc, SecuROM and heaps of other protections and learn on how to defeat them. Also you can take a look at some of my various tutorials in it and some frequently asked questions asked. Plus heaps more!
Enjoy!
Old 23-10-2004   #7
New on Forum

some modules work, most don't, it's a shame, because all the really good ones don't work as they use 16 bit calls and it confuses win xp (or something like that), so basically there is no way around it
cool_greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004   #8
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_greg
some modules work, most don't, it's a shame, because all the really good ones don't work as they use 16 bit calls and it confuses win xp (or something like that), so basically there is no way around it
That was my conclusion, despite hearing that playing with the Program Compatibility Wizard might get you somewhere. So in the end I put Win98 on a 4gb hard drive and used it there.

Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2007   #9
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaR300n
I don't care about forum rules, so ban me.
Done.

... und Tschüss
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #10
New on Forum

Ihave looney tones and simpsons modules and want disney and marvel if someone have it
lalo_serna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_magnell View Post
I got the After Dark 10th anniversary and it works in Windows XP (for me anyway), you should be able to import the AfterDark Simpsons Screensavers there when you have installed the After Dark 10th anniversary CD.

You will never get the AfterDark Simpsons Screensavers CD as it requires windows 3.1

If you have broadband connection I can give you the After Dark 10th anniversary if you give me the AfterDark Simpsons as I have been looking for both the After Dark Simpsons & Disney (used to have them on floppy disks befor but have not been able to find it again)

a ziped version of the the After Dark 10th anniversary CD is about 35MB
Please oh please send it to me! ive been looking forever to find the rock paper scissors and the artist one and havent had any luck and found out you need the 4.0 deluxe version. i can help you get the disney screensavers. email me at auzzy101@yahoo.com if you or anyone can help
auzzy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014   #12

El enlace donde esta no lo veo
tonymonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014   #13

Cuando estara listo el link. Gracias
tonymonix is offline   Reply With Quote