Windows 10 bug warns for low battery on desktop computers

A bug in the Technical Preview of Windows 10 warns users on desktop computers (without a battery) for a low battery on the lockscreen and in the notification tray. Obviously a Technical Preview release contains bugs and this is just one of them, but pretty remarkable nevertheless.

Several users complain about the issue and on the Microsoft Forums an user writes, "Hi,  I installed the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview, Build 9879, on my desktop PC and I now have a low battery icon on my lock screen.  Is there a simple way to disable it?  I looked in PC settings but could not find an option."

ADVERTISEMENT

Windows 10 Low Battery Warning

Although the issue can't be fixed yet, it's easy to hide the power icon by Navigating to the Control Panel then go to Notification Area then select and Icons Hide Icon and Notifications for the Power setting.

The issue is acknowledged by Microsoft and on their known issues list. Other known issues are that tiles on the Start menu show truncated app names, the Remote Desktop has some painting issues that result in tiled pixelation, connected Standby enabled devices like Surface Pro 3 may experience shorter than expected battery life and the Music app will disappear if minimized within 16 seconds of launch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Also the new Start Menu introduced in Windows 10 isn't free of bugs yet, Microsoft reports that the menu is occasionally registered improperly and might fail to launch. Microsoft will fix the issues in upcoming build.

Windows 10 is expected to launch by the second half of 2015 for both laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones.

Join the Windows 10 Google+ Community

ADVERTISEMENT

No posts to display