Old 19-06-2009   #1
New on Forum

PANASONIC DMR-EH57 DVD RECORDER SET UP

Hi I have the EH-57 DVD recorder and a Panasonic HD Plasma TV. I live in Cyprus and receive free to view TV programs via a digibox. The EH-57 is connected from the VCR output on the digibox with a 21pin scart lead to the AV2 input on the TV. I can play DVD's on the TV with no problems but have spent a lot of time trying to record TV programs like the Grand Prix with no luck whatsoever. The manual appears to be written by a technical author for technical authors. Is there anybody out there that can give me step by step instructions to set this unit up to record TV programs before Jenson Button becomes world champion. HELP!!
GRUFF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: PANASONIC DMR-EH57 DVD RECORDER SET UP

Hiya Everybody, It appears I frightened the proverbial out of all you knowledgable people with my question. Please rest in peace as I have sorted it out for myself. The cabling and setup was fine, my problem was that the manual did not illustrate the fact that the channel select (on the remote) not only selects channels for recording when using an RF terrestrial aeriel but also selects the AV (as in AV1 AV2 Av3) channel when recording from a digi box (should I have known this). A simple ommision but frustrating when you are no longer a ten year old geek. So we are now a happy bunny, will Jenson Button become F1 champion now I have fixed my DVD?
GRUFF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012   #3

Hello, I am in Cyprus, and was wondering if you could help with a recent purchase of a new Panasonic DMR-EH57. I can not program the channels as the machine is set up for northern european countries. I have tried to do it manually, but it allows only two digits (up to 99) and all the Sky Digibox channels are three digits. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Maggie.
maggie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012   #4
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2 View Post
Hello, I am in Cyprus, and was wondering if you could help with a recent purchase of a new Panasonic DMR-EH57. I can not program the channels as the machine is set up for northern european countries. I have tried to do it manually, but it allows only two digits (up to 99) and all the Sky Digibox channels are three digits. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Maggie.
If the Panasonic tuner is compatible with the television standard in your area then follow the advice in the Operating Instructions manual.

If the Panasonic tuner is not compatible with the television standard in your area you would need to connect a compatible external tuner to a line input on your recorder and record through the line input from that tuner.

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
DigaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012   #5

Hello DigaDo

Sorry, I'm not techi at all. What is an external tuner and how do I find one in Cyprus? Thanks.
maggie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012   #6
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2 View Post
Hello DigaDo

Sorry, I'm not techi at all. What is an external tuner and how do I find one in Cyprus? Thanks.
I'm in the USA using antenna and cable services. We don't have satellite service in our household. In North America cable and satellite service is similar in that subscribers use a cable converter box or satellite receiver for tuning those services.

With my cable converter boxes the most common connection from the converter box to my Panasonic recorders is the composite (RCA) yellow video and white and red audio. Another connection I use from the converter box to my Panasonic recorders is S-Video and (RCA) white and red audio. You might have SCART outputs and inputs on your Sky Digibox and Panasonic DMR-EH57. (North America does not use SCART connectivity.)

Your Sky Digibox is an "external tuner." There should be outputs on the Sky Digibox that may be connected to similar inputs on your Panasonic DMR-EH57.

Once the Sky Digibox output is connected to a Panasonic input you would use the Panasonic recorder remote to select that input as the recording source. You should be able to record whatever channel is tuned by the Sky Digibox.

Once the Panasonic recorder is connected to your TV you will use the TV remote to select the input where the Panasonic recorder is connected.

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)

Last edited by DigaDo; 16-01-2012 at 02:22.
DigaDo is offline   Reply With Quote