Old 11-04-2009   #1
New on Forum

"No disk" error (Panasonic DMR-ES35V - DVD recorder / VCR combo)

hi my recorder makes a knocking sound and it tells me theres no disk when it realy has one can you help me thanks
chamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #2
MyCE Senior Member

Re: dmr s35v

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamo View Post
hi my recorder makes a knocking sound and it tells me theres no disk when it realy has one can you help me thanks
When a Panasonic is giving "no read" and there are "grinding" or "scrubbing" noises this usually indicates that the DVD Drive rubber hub needs cleaning.

When a Panasonic is giving "no read" and there are loud "clunking" or "chugging" noises this usually indicates that the lens is dirty or has failed. Other problems may include a failing or failed Digital PCB or some problem with the ribbon cables from the DVD Drive to the Digital PCB (on 2006 models such as the DMR-ES35V and perhaps a few other international models) or there is some problem with the ribbon cables to the DVD Drive on-board controller board (on 2005, 2007, 2008 models and perhaps a few other international models).

For rubber hub and lens cleaning advice see this thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing...t-help-210507/

You will also find helpful photos in that thread or links to other posts with helpful photos.

Before securing the DVD Drive lid be sure that the roller/slider at the rear of the disc tray is positioned to the far left. Do not extend the disc tray with the drive lid removed. Complications are sure to arise.
DigaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013   #3

i had a similar problem ended up the laser went bad ordered NEW from panasonic so i thought,they sent a rebuilt one and said it was new ,you could tell from the rub marks on the screw holes and drive .It gets better I find a note in the box that they want the old drive back or ready for this a core charge will be applied to my card ? now i don't know about any body else but when i order new and pay a premium price i expect new with no core charge. I called them and explained the problem the girl said oh you want a new one i said well yes thats what i paid for she made a note on my acct and another about o core sent a shipping return label but will not send a new one until they get that one back ummm they have my cc number? poor business practices from them this is just a fyi to watch what you get look at it closely and complain .
youstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013   #4
MyCE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youstop View Post
i had a similar problem ended up the laser went bad ordered NEW from panasonic so i thought,they sent a rebuilt one and said it was new ,you could tell from the rub marks on the screw holes and drive .It gets better I find a note in the box that they want the old drive back or ready for this a core charge will be applied to my card ? now i don't know about any body else but when i order new and pay a premium price i expect new with no core charge. I called them and explained the problem the girl said oh you want a new one i said well yes thats what i paid for she made a note on my acct and another about o core sent a shipping return label but will not send a new one until they get that one back ummm they have my cc number? poor business practices from them this is just a fyi to watch what you get look at it closely and complain .
This sounds like another horror story about the Panasonic facility in McAllen Texas.

This post will direct you to a better source for Panasonic DVD Recorder service/repair:

http://club.myce.com/f181/panasonic-...8/#post2676708

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
VoxHumana is offline   Reply With Quote