Old 09-04-2010   #1

I am unable to turn the camera on

We have followed the troubleshoot hints and removed the batteries and checked the connections
JennyAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #2
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)
Re: I am unable to turn the camera on

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAllen View Post
We have followed the troubleshoot hints and removed the batteries and checked the connections

PUT... THE ... BATTERIES ... BACK ... IN

Ahem...ok, but please check which way around they have to go....seriously!

Batteries fresh or fully charged?

Is this a new camera?

What brand and model?

...and welcome to the MyCE show
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #3

It is a Cannon Legria HF200 - 1 week old we have checked the batteries and they are in the right way. The batteries are not fully charged but have some charge. We are unable to charge or do anything with it at this time
JennyAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #4
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

Two possible solutions

1) The power-on button for this particular model seems to be difficult to push to the "on" position. Please try this again...take care to push it far enough. Also, push and hold a couple of seconds.

2) If all else fails, you may have to contact Canon Service as there would appear to be a fault with the camcorder.
  • toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040

Curious...why is it not possible to fully charge the battery???
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAllen View Post
Did you not read the owner/user manual how to operate the camera??? Instead you go to trouble shooting??? This is the part I don't get??? Also the camera should come with charger base or plug you plug into the camera and charge the unit before using it if it is has rechargeable batteries.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote