Old 20-07-2009   #1
New on Forum

Location: California lets get drunk, lets get F**k'd up! Don't get me wrong there are much better places.
How to reduce the heat from a plasma TV

Dear, Cd-Freak Community

I ran into a situation which includes a small bedroom with little air circulation and a 42" plasma television that easily heats up the entire room. Seemingly a person likes me dislikes a high temperatured room, including a dual window which adds tremendous heat on top of the plasma TV. Even if the wind-shields close with approximately 97% of the sun's light. There's still heat transmitted.

To the main question! So yes! How do I keep the heat from my plasma TV secreted or reduce it? Everything when I watch a movie or play games with in twenty minutes the plasma television heats up like a volcano! I'm surprise the TV did not charcoal yet. Please Help. Thank you for your considerationd
Old 20-07-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: How to reduce the heat from a plasma TV

Here are a few suggestions.I don't know if you can do all of them.
There is solar ray blocking film that can be applied to windows.basically the same as is used on cars that need or want darker tinting.
An exhaust fan like is used in a bathroom to vent heat from the ceiling.
Also a ceiling fan & maybe another portable fan.
I guess enough distance from the wall to allow air circulation behind the TV.
Maybe a TV stand that supports the TV so air can circulate under the bottom as well.
Does the room have any kind of air conditioner ?
I don't have a plasma TV but I understand they produce a lot of heat.I don't think there is anything you can do to the TV itself to reduce the heat produced.All you can do is move the heat somewhere else.
Hope some of this helps.
cholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009   #3
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
Here are a few suggestions.I don't know if you can do all of them.
There is solar ray blocking film that can be applied to windows.basically the same as is used on cars that need or want darker tinting.
An exhaust fan like is used in a bathroom to vent heat from the ceiling.
Also a ceiling fan & maybe another portable fan.
I guess enough distance from the wall to allow air circulation behind the TV.
Maybe a TV stand that supports the TV so air can circulate under the bottom as well.
Does the room have any kind of air conditioner ?
I don't have a plasma TV but I understand they produce a lot of heat.I don't think there is anything you can do to the TV itself to reduce the heat produced.All you can do is move the heat somewhere else.
Hope some of this helps.
Good suggestions and if you don't or can't do the above you can always turn it off. Seriously....
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009   #4
New on Forum

Location: California lets get drunk, lets get F**k'd up! Don't get me wrong there are much better places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshtric View Post
My plasma tv just shut off and I have no idea what happened to it. I turned it on for like 3 hours and all of the sudden it just shut off. I tried to turn it back on but it only stays on for like 2-5 seconds and it shuts off again. What should I do or what’s wrong with it. I bought it 3 years ago and it’s a pioneer 50 inch.

I am a spammer
Maybe it overheated and you had some kind security breakers in your tv

Last edited by mciahel; 21-07-2009 at 00:15. Reason: spam link in quote fixed
DangerousPirate is offline   Reply With Quote