Old 03-11-2006   #1
New on Forum

How Do You Backup XBOX 360 Games?

Looking for the best and most convenient way to backup Xbox360 games? Search no longer and download this software for the best and quickest results.

End of message

Hey,

Ive purchased an XBOX 360 which is modded to play backups and I want to know how it is that you backup your XBOX 360 games.

I searched on google but the only one I found involved opening up the DVD Burner and switching discs etc, and I got told there is a much easier and more effective way.

I have the following:

XBOX 360 modded
DVD+R Dual Layer discs
Sony DVD RW Burner
XBOX 360 Games to backup

So im all good to go but can someone please link me or explain a step by step guide on what you do to copy the XBOX 360 games.

All help is greatly appreciated, Cheers

Scott Rowan

Last edited by MP|3; 26-02-2010 at 19:36.
Rowan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #2
New on Forum

Re: How Do You Backup XBOX 360 Games?

I just found this, but can someone confirm if they know if this is a working tutorial. I just wanna make sure im following a correct guide as Dual Layer discs are dear lol. So here it is:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Needed Tools:
* XBox 360 w/ XTreme Firmware Update
* DVD+R Dual Layered Blank DVD
* Burner Capable Of Burning Dual Layered DVDs
* CloneCD
* XBOX360 SS Merger 1.5o from here.

First your going to download your games from wherever you get your stuff. I personally use newsgroups, it seems to be the fastest and most reliable source for getting anything. You need to check the game first to see what kind of rip it is. Straight rips of the games don't work yet so you need to find the ones that can be patched, or if your lucky already patched. This tutorial will show you how to patch the games if needed. The easiest way to check what kinda rip is to check the .nfo file that comes with almost every game.

Types Of Rips:
-Straight Rips: At this time these are impossible to do anything with. I group by the name of Pi has been releasing these lately. They are of no use at the current time though.

-Xtreme Rips (Not Patched): These are good rips that just need to be patched with the correct .bin file. I'll explain where to get these, and how to patch the files. After patched you can then burn it and it'll boot no problem.

-Xtreme Rips (Pre Patched): These files are the easiest to use, they come in .rar format like both other rips, the difference is you just have to unrar and burn. No patching required. This is the fastest way.

Note: Skip to step 2 if you have a prepatched iso.

1. Your going to have to patch the game to work correctly, without a patch the XBox360 won't know how to handle the game. Your going to need XBOX360 SS Merger 1.5o to do this. Open the program and load your iso. When it asks to check the MD5 hit yes, it'll take a few minutes, its a pretty big file.It will then produce an MD5 number for you. You want to load your ss.bin file that came with the game, if it didnt come with the game visit http://www.ubclass.org/X360SS/sslist.htm to get the ss.bin file you need. Load the file.If both boxes are green and the numbers match, that is the correct file you need to patch. Hit the big huge button on the right side of the program to patch the file. Again, this will take a few minutes, it's a huge file.It will then tell you it's finish and you can load the file that it outputs.

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

2. Open up Clone CD, anything above version 5 should work. Simply hit the second button to open and image file and select your new iso. It should load without problem. You will need a dual layered DVD+R to burn, your 360 won't read any other format correctly. Also, make sure you burn at 2x or close as possible so your game is readable and doesn't skip. This is very important.

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

3. Put the game in your XBox360 and enjoy. You can even play on XBox Live without a single problem.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 03-11-2006   #3
New on Forum

Thanks for the reply I also just got told there about 1 program that does it all. Its called Xbox Backup Creator. If you just install that, you can stick the XBOX 360 game in the DVD Burner drive and it does everything. But im not sure exactly about all the settings so does anyone have a tutorial on how you go about using that program??
Old 03-11-2006   #4
CD Freaks Member

Backing-up 360 games is still new mate. Have a search around google for tutorials on that program. If you can't find any i'd say use a bit of trial and error. DVD's are cheap enough now anyways so it might be worth creating a few coasters to see what works and what doesn't.
crofty83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #5
New on Forum

Thanks.. so far the best looking that I got told was a program called "Schtrom360 Xtract V3.0".

Thing is, I opened it and got an error saying:

"No XBOX360 drive found!"

Is that searching for my SONY DVD RW Burner drive on my PC, or does it need to connect to my XBOX?
Old 03-11-2006   #6
CD Freaks Member

As I understand it the disc's for the 360 just like the ones for the original X-Box generally can't be read in a PC DVD drive. However I read somewhere that certain drives can read the 360 discs. One of these being a new drive that will give the 360 Blue Ray support but thats going to be expensive.

You could FTP into the original X-Box and back-up the games that way. Maybe this is possible too with the 360 but a little more research would be needed
crofty83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #7
New on Forum

Yeh... emm.. well thats the only program ive had the error with. That guide I wrote up in the 3rd post looks like it just a case on using the PC, XBOX360 game and blank media..

So ill give that a go.

Was just wondering if anyone who has had experiance with burning xbox 360 games could have gave me a heads up on whats the best way...
Old 04-11-2006   #8
New on Forum

Emm... I just got told 2 things that I really really need cleared up!!

1. Do you need a Pioneer DVD Burner in your pc or will my SONY DVD RW DW D19A drive work fine for copying xbox 360 games???

2. I heard an update came out for XBOX LIVE! does this stop you being able to play chipped games online on LIVE! or can you still play them fine?
Old 06-11-2006   #9
New on Forum

OK I just want to make sure ive got everything to grips before I make my own tutorial/guide on this.

How To Backup Xbox 360 Games & How To Burn Them
Requirements
- Xbox 360 modded with Xtreme Firmware (Click Here To See The Product)
- Blank DVD+R Dual Layer Media
- Schtrom v3
- CloneCD

OK is this what you do to backup the game. Put the XBOX 360 game into your Computers DVD-Rom drive (mines is a Samsung DVD RW DW D19A) and then open Schtrom v3. From there, select your drive, then set the Image Path to where you want the files to be extracted to. Then change the Task to "whole disc (stealth xtreme 3.0), then hit Extract.

Now onto burning. Once you have a .DVD file and .ISO file, just open CloneCD, then hit the Write Image tab. Then select the .DVD file and burn at a speed of 2x onto a blank DVD+R Dual Layer disc.

The End...

Is this how you would go about backing up a game, and burning a game. Or is there other stuff I need to buy???
Old 17-11-2006   #10
CD Freaks Senior Member

you will need a samsung 162 dvd-rom drive with kreon firmware these are for sale in the uk but for how long i dont know ??? they are about £20 plus delivery connect it to your pc use Schtrom360 or xbox backup creator as these sort all the security issues out when run with the sammy drive then burn to a dvd+R booktyped to rom with image burn or the like (verbatims are the best dual layer media for this task) the sammy for reading another dvd drive for burning
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006   #11
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOCK_ON_WOOD
you will need a samsung 162 dvd-rom drive with kreon firmware these are for sale in the uk but for how long i dont know ??? they are about £20 plus delivery connect it to your pc use Schtrom360 or xbox backup creator as these sort all the security issues out when run with the sammy drive then burn to a dvd+R booktyped to rom with image burn or the like (verbatims are the best dual layer media for this task) the sammy for reading another dvd drive for burning
Embedded Images

then burn with imgburn or cloncd just dont forget to booktype the media to rom.
Old 18-11-2006   #12
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Great to have you here " Knock-on-Wood" with your vast knowledge of Gaming I am sure you can help alot of people with this. Great to see you here.

( I am still going to have Arachne keep her eyes on you though ) Just j/k.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006   #13
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1476
Great to have you here " Knock-on-Wood" with your vast knowledge of Gaming I am sure you can help alot of people with this. Great to see you here.

( I am still going to have Arachne keep her eyes on you though ) Just j/k.
lol alan i am behaving myself for now
Old 18-11-2006   #14
CD Freaks Senior Member

you can purchase the drives from ebay take a look here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Samsu...QQcmdZViewItem some even ship abroad my knowledge is little but some stuff just sinks in when visiting certian forums
Old 19-11-2006   #15
CD Freaks Senior Member

or if you like by using redline99's software xbox backup creator 2.3 always check you have the latest version (samsung sh-d162c must have correct firmware to read the game discs).

Embedded Images

Embedded Images

it is also possible to backup xbox1 games this way but be aware it was mainly created for the 360 ....
Old 24-11-2006   #16
CD Freaks Senior Member

found a great guide here it doesnt get no easier than this
Old 24-11-2006   #17
New on Forum

I just had a quick question.. So even if you have the SH-D162C you still have to have your 360 modded?
SleepyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006   #18
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyGuy
I just had a quick question.. So even if you have the SH-D162C you still have to have your 360 modded?
yes it does explian this in the guide/s your xbox drive does need to be flashed / modded some shops in the uk are doing this now for around £45 or if you really know what your doing you could do it yourself but personally i would pay for it doing .... remember it does void the warranty on your console, the folks who worked this out are ledgends as too the guys who created the software
Old 25-11-2006   #19
MyCE Resident

Awesome information.

Thanks!
justcallmebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006   #20
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmebob
Awesome information.

Thanks!
no problemo there is two guides there one for schtrom360xtract and one also for xbox backup creator....i myself have just burned two games while surfing the net using each program
Old 27-11-2006   #21
New on Forum

hi everybody, im a new member in this forum, and i got a question, i have a new xbox 360, and i don´t know how i can run my old games of xbox in this new console (note: my new console is not a modded console and i don´t want to open the console, the cuestion is (i can play backups of xbox 1 in xbox 360 not modded and how, ok, and i can play backups of xbox 360 in mi console?) is a hard cuestion and i hope someone in this group come to help me. Thanks a lot pals.
sauseron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006   #22
CD Freaks Senior Member

without modding the xbox you wont be able to play backups ... there is rumour of a new tool-firmware in development to help you with not taking the xbox apart for modding but as i say this is a rumour so i will leave it at that for now ... until later

personally if i had just boughta xbox i would just hold back for a month for the mod or mod it now and claim off the insurance later
Old 29-11-2006   #23
CD Freaks Senior Member

for people private messaging me about the samsung drives if i havent replied see HERE most are pre-flashed with the kreon firmware some do ship overseas
Old 29-11-2006   #24
New on Forum

Are they drives just used for reading the Xbox 360 games to copy?
Old 29-11-2006   #25
CD Freaks Senior Member

yes simply install it into your pc no need to worry about the security sectors (ss number) this rips it all for you .... but your 360 still needs to modded / flashed to play back the backups.

i have tried a few ways to create backups and up to now this drive is worth its wieght in gold but saying that it doesnt wiegh much but no need to use multiple softwares just two one to rip the game one to burn it .. in fact xbox backup creator does it all including the burn but i prefer to use imgburn