Old 03-12-2005   #1
New on Forum

How do I copy a music DVD to an Ipod?

Is there a simple way to copy a music DVD (of a concert) so it will play on my new ipod?
I was able to copy just the music from it but now I want to be able to watch it.

Thank you
fanofmbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #2
nwg
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: How To

Try these links.

http://downloads.theregister.co.uk/W...converter.html

http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-video-converter.html

http://www.makayama.com/dvdtoipod.html
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #3
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I copy a music DVD to an Ipod?

i've edited the title of your thread to something more descriptive than "How To." keep this in mind when you create new threads so that users know what the thread is about.

I don't respond to questions through PM that should be asked in the forum
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005   #4
New on Forum

Thank you for the links I was able to save to my Ipod.
Old 04-12-2005   #5
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal
i've edited the title of your thread to something more descriptive than "How To." keep this in mind when you create new threads so that users know what the thread is about.
Thanks for editing and I will give as much detail as possible.
You guys are great!
Old 09-12-2005   #6
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofmbac
Thank you for the links I was able to save to my Ipod.
I was able to save it to my Ipod but I can only hear the music I can't see any of the video. Help
Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2005   #7
CD Freaks Member

I have converted several music dvds to play on my iPod and get music and video both. The PQ DVD to Ipod Video program is what I use. It was the middle link in nwg's post. I have found that if I go directly from the original dvd to an mp4 that the sound is sometimes choppy. But, If I rip the dvd to harddrive using either 1Click or CloneDVD with AnyDVD and they use the PQ program the results are perfect. Can you not see the video in iTunes on your pc?
Bigboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofmbac View Post
Is there a simple way to copy a music DVD (of a concert) so it will play on my new ipod?
I was able to copy just the music from it but now I want to be able to watch it.

Thank you
hI HOW DID YOU COPY THE MUSIC ON TO YOUR I-POD?
RLALANNE1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012   #9

I dunno how to do any of this. Could you tell me how you got just the music on to it? That's all I need to do.
psychotwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012   #10
MyCE Resident

I have used "DVD Audio Extractor" to extract JUST the audio from a Concert DVD.

The thing about this software is that it breaks it into multiple tracks which makes selective playback easier.

The user interface is less than ideal, but it lets you choose the output format (WAV or MP3 at various bitrates)

The tedious thing is that the database lookup to identify the DVD and the tracks themselves simply doesn't work but the subjective quality of the extraction makes fighting with the user interface worth it.

When Done I still find myself manually tagging the files and imbedding album art.

I have also used DVDfab to extract video, then used other programs to strip the audio from those files, the best results for audio with DVDfab seems to be to extract as AVI, convert to MP4 as a seperate operation then strip the audio out as mp3 using YouTube Downloader.

Tedious I know, but it gets you there...

The reason I started doing this was because of the basic reality of Concert DVD's
they have a 2hour run time.
the Companion CD has a run time of 80minutes so invariably the between song commentary by the artists to the audience is cut first, followed by any solos
often cover songs done, or songs where say the guitar tech joins them on stage...
and any "b-side" tracks that are less well known...

Because the 2hour concert must be edited to make it fit on the companion CD.

I wanted that content back.

AD
If you become annoyed with an electronic device and soothe the animal side of your nature by smashing it with a hammer some will say that you are ruled by that "animal side", However the Cerebral side that "holds the leash" of your animal side understands the basic reality that once smashed that annoying POS will never irritate you again.... it is only serendipity that you also rid yourself of some repressed rage in the process...
AllanDeGroot is offline   Reply With Quote