Old 29-05-2009   #1
New on Forum

How can i download JVC Camcorder MG-GZ330 USB Driver

I lost the CD that the camcorder came with and I believe that the USB Mass Storage Driver was included on that CD.

At any rate, how do I get the driver?
stever1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #2
Senior Moderator

Re: How can i download JVC Camcorder MG-GZ330 USB Driver

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by stever1000 View Post
I lost the CD that the camcorder came with and I believe that the USB Mass Storage Driver was included on that CD.
Unless you are using Win98, there is no special mass storage driver needed - normally.
Quote:
At any rate, how do I get the driver?
Check JVC support website: http://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/index.jsp
Also read the FAQ there.

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #3
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Re: How can i download JVC Camcorder MG-GZ330 USB Driver

I have used a similar JVC HDD camcorder and no drivers were required, at least on Windows XP. To the PC, the camcorder is seen as an external hard disk and a flash memory card reader for its SD slot, which appear as two separate drive letters.

The CD that came with the JVC camcorder I've used only contains PowerProducer for making a DVD from the footage. However, the disc does not contain any drivers from what I recall.

If you're using Windows 2000 (with service pack 4) or Windows XP:

If Windows insists on a mass storage driver, there is a good chance that the INF file Windows uses when installing new mass storage devices has gone corrupt or the folder containing INF folder has been removed.

To check the INF file, go into OS drive (usually drive 'C'), then into 'Windows' and into 'INF'. Check to make there is a file called "usbstor". In Windows XP, this file size should be 14,578 bytes. If this file is missing or worse still, there is no 'INF' folder in your Wndows folder, you should carry out a chkdsk on your OS drive as this is usually the sign of file system corruption. If just the 'usbstor' file is missing, you can try copying it from another PC running Windows XP or the same OS you're using.
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote