Old 07-07-2005   #1
New on Forum

Finalizing Discs from a Phillips DVD-R70 in a PC

Hi Everyone,

Title says it all really !
My friend gave me a DVD+R that he recorded on his Phillips DVD-R70, but he forgot to Finalize it

Does anyone know of any way that I can finialize it using my PC and DVD +R / +RW burner ?

When I put the disc in my PC, it detects it as a blank, but when I look at in with Nero it sees the video session and gives me the option to close it.

I'm scared to do this, in case it wrecks the disc !
Does anyone know if it would be safe to do this, or if not of any other utility that I can use ?

Thanks,

Peter.
peteroddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Finalizing Discs from a Phillips DVD-R70 in a PC

The standard solution is to write a small text file (eg a few words saved in Windows Notepad) to the disc and finalise the disc with the PC software.

I'm not sure that 'closing the session' is the same as finalising, so you need to look for the specific 'finalise' option.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #3
New on Forum

Hi imkidd57,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Can you give me some more details of how I may do that, or what software to use.

I've tried it on my PC with Nero 6....When I try and write to the disc, it asks me to select a session, but it wont let me select either of the two sessions on the disc (I click on them, but nothing happens)

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter.
Old 08-07-2005   #4
Senior Moderator & Editor

I haven't had to do it myself, but using Nero 6, if you select 'Continue multisession disc' under the 'Multisession' tab and then go to the 'Burn ' tab, there's a tickbox option to 'Finalise DVD (no further writing possible!)'. Tick the box. Then click the 'New' button.

Add the small text file and then click the 'Burn' icon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #5
New on Forum

Hi imkidd57

Thanks again for your reply.
I tried this nero but it didn't work....
However, I also tried it in Roxio and it did !

Thanks very much for your help,

Regards,

Peter.
Old 11-07-2005   #6
New on Forum

Of course DVDDecrypter offers a host of finalising options. Track/Session/Disc.

"Free" works for me...

A?B...C!!