Old 21-01-2007   #1
New on Forum

Burning XBOX 360 games

Added by CDFreaks

Looking for the best and most convenient way to backup Xbox360 games? Search no longer and download this software for the best and quickest results.

End of message

Well I just got a 360 and I was wondering if i needed to do anything to my XBOX before i started burning games to play?

Last edited by BussyB; 14-09-2009 at 11:32.
obsesedgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007   #2
MyCE Senior Member

Re: Burning XBOX 360 games

Chip it or reflash the drive firmware.

regards, Stephen
u_n_s97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_n_s97
Chip it or reflash the drive firmware.

regards, Stephen

reflash is best , just find out what drive you have then you know what you need to start learning about, if its a hitachi your lucks in as i have wrote a couple of guides so i could help you out you also need well could use a samsung 162c with kreon firmware to help create the backups if your in the uk again your luck could be in kreon flashed samsung
Old 08-03-2007   #4
New on Forum

does it matter if games are pal or ntsc games wen u burn them
smithster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #5
New on Forum

Is it true that only the Samsung and pioneer 111d are the only drives that can burn XBox 360 games? If not I have a sony dru810 and wanted to know how to use it to burn xbox 360 games with it.

THANKS
Jmaxximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #6
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithster
does it matter if games are pal or ntsc games wen u burn them
yes it does !!!! thats something that cannot be altered
Old 10-03-2007   #7
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxximus
Is it true that only the Samsung and pioneer 111d are the only drives that can burn XBox 360 games? If not I have a sony dru810 and wanted to know how to use it to burn xbox 360 games with it.

THANKS
nope .... the samsung plus a handfull of others with kreon firmware will read the games ... any drive will do the hotswap method.

and burning again as long as your drive can be set to booktype via firmware etc it will be ok
Old 26-03-2007   #8
New on Forum

I have a samsung shd d162. I'm trying to get GRAW 2 to burn to a verbatim dvd+r dl.
I have image burn, clone cd, xbox back up creator. None of them work. Imageburn does not read the drive and Xbox backup creator does not find the media in the drive. Clone cd only wants to use my sony drive that I have in also. Does anyone have any idea how to back up this game. I already have the image file and the .000 file in the pc. Any help will be appriciated.
Jmaxximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007   #9
CD Freaks Senior Member

install the lates version of xbc which is 2,5 i have backed this game up i also used xbc to write the .dvd
Old 10-05-2007   #10
New on Forum

I plan on buying a samsung drive with to backup xbox 360 games but i would like to know what i would need to make it compatible with my laptop. When i say compatible i mean what tool would i need to allow me to hook it up to it.

I know the Samsung drive can rip them but i would like to know if i can use the Samsung drive to burn games also.
TupacFan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #11
MyCE Senior Member

The Samsung is a DVD-ROM so it cannot burn. As you want to use it with a laptop, you should get an external case to install the drive in and connect the case to the laptop via USB.

regards, Stephen
Old 10-08-2007   #12
New on Forum

I've got the the samsung 162c drive and fiitted it into my pc but when i try to install kreon firmware it says that the firmware is not compatable with the dvd drive. I have tried both 8.1 and 8.0 the same occurs with each version. Doe's anyone know or has anyone had this problem?
andy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #13
New on Forum

Found out that it may be because the f/w is ts05.
andy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #14
New on Forum

Re: Burning XBOX 360 games PAL NTSC REGION CODEs

I have an XBOX 360 from taiwan, i guess its an NTSC/J and i had it modded. I really want to play EA SPORTS NHL 08. I bought the original from Canada and when i play it, i get an immediate "wrong region" error. I have since learned it is region coded to NTSC U/C, so i wasted 50 bucks. I downloaded a PAL version off the web and burned it. When i put it in my xbox 360, it starts to play, the NHL logo shows up, but then i get a wrong region error. (as opposed to an immediate wrong region error with the store-bought ntsc u/c version)

Did i do something wrong when i burned the PAL version? i read something about when burning an xbox 360 game you sometimes need to set a book locator section code or something,

Is it possible to make any of these copies work on my xbox 360?

according to www.play-asia.com NHL 07 and NHL 08 will not work on a NTSC/J xbox, however, i have a copied version of NHL 07 that does work on my NTSC/J xbox.

Can anyone help me to make NHL 08 work? I spent a lot of money upgrading from ps2 and buying an original game for the soul purpose of playing this game (im boring i know)

Thanks in advance,
sosdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008   #15
New on Forum

try creating a windows live account and when it asks for what contry you live in use Canada or USA, then when you go to play the game, sign in with this account and it should work.. i do this when i want to download demo's and they are only available in a certain region.
Epidemik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008   #16
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
reflash is best , just find out what drive you have then you know what you need to start learning about, if its a hitachi your lucks in as i have wrote a couple of guides so i could help you out you also need well could use a samsung 162c with kreon firmware to help create the backups if your in the uk again your luck could be in kreon flashed samsung
How do I find out what drive I have? Is it easy to reflash the drive? Can I do it on my own in my house? Is so, what tools might I need?
chuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008   #17
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuby View Post
How do I find out what drive I have? Is it easy to reflash the drive? Can I do it on my own in my house? Is so, what tools might I need?
exactly how do we flash our drivers and how do u know which drive you got? Anybody
vomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #18
New on Forum

i am trying to burn a xbox 360 game and i dont understand why you have to burn the dvd file to the dual layer disc instead of the iso file? it doesnt make any sense
darkstar8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #19
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar8907 View Post
i am trying to burn a xbox 360 game and i dont understand why you have to burn the dvd file to the dual layer disc instead of the iso file? it doesnt make any sense
Actually you do not write the .dvd file to the disk. It is just a descriptor file which tells the burning program 2 things:

1, what image file has to be written
2, where the layerbreaks has to be set to

As far as I know Imgburn and DVDdecrypter are the only programs where you can define the layerbreak settings inside the program. The others (Alcohol, CloneCD) need a speciel file (.dvd or .mds) which describes them these information. So when you set the layerbreak to 1913760 in Imgburn manually then you can choose the .iso file directly, no need to choose the .dvd file. Of course you cannot do it in CloneCD as in this case the layerbreak would be set to an incorrect position. (instead of 1913760)

regards, Stephen
Old 22-10-2009   #20
New on Forum

I have flashed my xbox as well. I know games work on it because I have already tested it. I use verbatim discs. I burn them @ 2.4. I have the layer break inserted. But recently for some reason after I burn them in imgburn and get no errors I put them in the 360 and it just says "play dvd". I put the disc back into my laptop and I have noticed that the discs that dont work and say "play dvd" have an extra folder called "$SystemUpdate". and its not my computers drive because I have working games that came from the same computer as the "play as dvd" ones. can someone tell me what is wrong? and does the "$SystemUpdate" folder have something to do with it?
darkstar8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar8907 View Post
I have flashed my xbox as well. I know games work on it because I have already tested it. I use verbatim discs. I burn them @ 2.4. I have the layer break inserted. But recently for some reason after I burn them in imgburn and get no errors I put them in the 360 and it just says "play dvd". I put the disc back into my laptop and I have noticed that the discs that dont work and say "play dvd" have an extra folder called "$SystemUpdate". and its not my computers drive because I have working games that came from the same computer as the "play as dvd" ones. can someone tell me what is wrong? and does the "$SystemUpdate" folder have something to do with it?
i have the exact same problem!! any solutions to this?
alcatraz3265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009   #22
MyCE Senior Member

@alcatraz3265

seems you have a wave4 or wave5 based game that your flashed drive cannot handle properly. You either have to reflash the drive or patch the game to work with the old flash. In that case you have a drive with 1.6 firmware you can use the activate.iso disk to boot wave 5 based games.

regards, Stephen