Old 14-02-2008   #1
New on Forum

Blu ray Movie collection and streaming

ok total newbie here. I have purchased over 200 blu ray movies so far. While the pace has slowed, I find myself repurchasing some movies because my kids inevitably scratch them, drop them etc. Its just a fact of life with kids I guess. Anyways, I would like to back them up and somehow stream them so all they have to do is pick a movie onscreen and it starts. I have an excellent network to handle the data and 6tb of space on my pc (dont ask

So that said, is this possible? If so how.

I already have half my collection ripped with Anydvd.

Thanks for the help
aleicgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: Blu ray Movie collection and streaming

Moved to High Definition Content section.
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008   #3
Retired Senior Administrator and Review Coordinator USA

Re: Blu ray Movie collection and streaming

Perhaps you can tell us what is your hidef system specs, including your HDTV, receivers, and PC? And where are they located?

I have a dedicated PC that I use to watch my high def movies on the HDTV across the room. I bought a 35foot HDMI cable to connect my PC and HDTV and they work great, except that I can't enjoy the lossless HD sound since I am connecting the audio via opticals from my motherboard.

There are also some other options, ie streaming wirelessly from your PC to a media center (or PS3 if you own one).

Join CDFreaks Distributed Computing Team, have fun while helping to save some lives!

My review PC & Specs & Media
Blu-ray to DVD guide

Forum Rules | Blu-ray UDF Driver
BenQ/Philips FAQ and tools: BQFlasher, MCSE, WOPC Tool, WinDWFlash

LG BE06LU11 Blu-ray | LG GGW-H10N Blu-ray/HD-DVD | LG GBW-H10N Blu-ray | Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray
zevia is offline   Reply With Quote