Old 30-03-2006   #1
New on Forum

best way to record tv and burn to dvd

I would like to record cable tv to dvd. what is the best wway to do so and what hardware do i need. thanks
bilsa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: best way to record tv and burn to dvd

I have sky not cable but use an LG 7500 HDD/DVD recorder which will record to either medium. I usually record to the hard drive first so that I can decide whether to keep or dump the program. Also on the hard drive I can edit out adverts before making a more long term copy to DVD.
The only draw back with that is the edited version can only be recorded to DVD in real time instead of being able to use the fast option (6 minutes) on this machine. There are a number of good recorders out there made by various companies’.
If you want to use your computer then you will need a video capture card and editing/burning software and the computer close to your cable box.
Regards.
weedougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #3
New on Forum

Hi weedougie ... i have a program that also does this on my computer. However, I don't know which software to use/buy to then burn onto a dvd (suitable to play in dvd players). The film is saved as a mpeg2 - any suggestions, please?
sammidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

The cheapest and most direct route is to buy a set-top DVD recorder.
CDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammidog
Hi weedougie ... i have a program that also does this on my computer. However, I don't know which software to use/buy to then burn onto a dvd (suitable to play in dvd players). The film is saved as a mpeg2 - any suggestions, please?
I have a USB freeview tuner on my computer and have burnt that direct to dvd from my hard drive using nero 6.6.14. this has played on my LG and a friends DVD player without problems on cheap media.
If you haven't got nero you could use CDBurnerXP Pro, a freeware CD/DVD-Writer program.
Old 21-05-2006   #6
New on Forum

I have nero 6.6.08 (which doesn't do what I want). I'm presuming from you posted that vertion 6.6.14 does. I guess I'll upgrade. Many thanks.
Old 21-05-2006   #7
New on Forum

me again! I just came across a posting in TV to DVD (Digital Video Forums) where someone from Oz used another Nero program. However, I was unable to post anything in that forum. Is this because I am a newbie? Can newbies only post to certain forums?
Old 21-05-2006   #8
MyCE Resident

Normally any user can post into any public forum.

You probably meant Nero Visionexpress?

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote