Old 07-05-2011   #1
Administrator and Reviewer

Transcend Portable USB3 SSD 18C3 Review

I just posted the article Transcend Portable USB3 SSD 18C3 Review.

Quote:
MyCE reviews the first USB3 portable SSD drive from Transcend. You can continue reading to find out more about the drive performance of this 128Gb SSD.
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/review/transcend...-review-44495/

Feel free to add your comments below.

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #2

Somehow I am unable to validate your tests as you never stated the exact nature of your hard drive. Without that knowledge, the review you offered is pretty much worth about a spoonful of sugar.
BabsJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #3

Hard drives are all different. How can you make any distinction on the effects it had on your tests?
Old 08-05-2011   #4
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Re: Transcend Portable USB3 SSD 18C3 Review

Great review vroom, price is a factor but your testing was great. I am going to recommend this drive based on your review, thanks agin for taking the time to let us know about it.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #5
MyCE Resident

Re: Transcend Portable USB3 SSD 18C3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsJohnson View Post
Somehow I am unable to validate your tests as you never stated the exact nature of your hard drive. Without that knowledge, the review you offered is pretty much worth about a spoonful of sugar.

Western Digital Black 1TB (OS)
~Jethro~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #6
Administrator and Reviewer

Quote:
The hard drive is a Western Digital Black 1Tb that has the operating system on it.

Quote:
Hard drives are all different. How can you make any distinction on the effects it had on your tests?
Having one hard drive on your system that has the OS will have an affect on the speed, and that's mainly because the OS always has access on the hard drive and there for this will have an impact on the speed.
Old 21-05-2011   #7

Quote:
You obviously did not read the same review that I did. We are not talking about a hard disk. We are talking about a collection of flash memory chips. No moving parts. Non-volatile memory.
Please make an effort to read the reports properly next time.
I know that this is only the opiniion of one person but it does offer an insight in to the newer bits and pieces on offer in a bewildering collection available every week in the computer industry.
GerrySkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerrySkipper View Post
You obviously did not read the same review that I did. We are not talking about a hard disk. We are talking about a collection of flash memory chips. No moving parts. Non-volatile memory.
Please make an effort to read the reports properly next time.
I know that this is only the opiniion of one person but it does offer an insight in to the newer bits and pieces on offer in a bewildering collection available every week in the computer industry.
Good morning: Next time look deeper into what you read. Hardware located within the computer DOES affect external drives. Any novice would know this.