Old 15-04-2009   #1
New on Forum

Simpletech signature mini USB hard drive problem

I have Simpletech Signature Mini USB 160GB drive. All of a sudden, my computer (Windows XP) stopped detecting it. It does not have any external power supply. I tried to connect it to other computers still no success. I can hear the sound of hard disc spinning and red LED light also glows still I can not detect it.
I tried a lot to find a solution on various forums.
How do I detect it and take back up of my important data stored in it?
Thanks in advance
amols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009   #2
Administrator and Reviewer

Re: Simpletech signature mini USB hard drive problem

Hi amols and welcome,
if your drive is SATA you can directly connect it to your PC, and see if it works, if it's IDE you will probably need some kind of converter (not sure about it).
Also keep in mind that some 2.5" hdd's need two USB to be powered correctly.