Problem reported with DVD Copy 2 purchase

GristyMcFisty used our news submit to tell us "Sounds like there"s a few fake copies of InterVideos software doing the rounds out there..."

Following is a letter we received from one of our readers, a Mr Lucas, concerning his purchase of Intervideo's DVD Copy 2 Platinum software. We have asked Intervideo for a response, and will update this story if and when one is forthcoming."Thought you might be interested to know, that I read your article on the WEB regarding the new version of Intervideo DVD Copy 2, and after viewing Intervideo"s website for more information, decided to buy a copy. I went to PC World in Guildford on the way home, and saw it on the shelves along side the original (standard and Gold) versions. Although the box claimed it was "DVD Copy 2 Platinum" inside, and the instruction manual and the CD itself all said "Copy 2", when I installed it, I found it was version 1.2 on the disk! I sent an email to Intervideo two weeks ago, complaining, and they told me I could not have bought DVD Copy 2 because it was not available in the shops, but for download from their site only. I have since then (over 10 days ago) sent a "scan" of the box, serial number and disk to prove that according to the packaging I was led to believe I was buying version 2, but so far I have not had any further replies from Intervideo. Version 1.2 is not any use to me, as I was interested in the "copy film only" option which is only in version 2. Many Thanks."

Hmmm that doesn't look good. Thank you for the information Gristy! Here is a link to the story at Home Cinema Choice for those that want to know.

Source: Home Cinema Choice

No posts to display