Old 19-01-2007   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

Recommended CD/DVD printing software?

Can anyone recommend any *simple* and easy to use software to print some DVD's

I have previously tried CD-Labelprint that came with my new Canon 6700D printer. That works really well and is very simple to use. However, for some insane reason it won't let you set the inner circle diameter any smaller than 33mm!??!?!! And since its 23mm on the 50 pack of DVD-Rs I just bought, that means I need something else to print with.

I have had a quick look at Nero Cover Designer and at Surething CD Labeler Delux. The problem with both of these is that neither understands how a Canon 6700 works, so you are left trying to create/edit your own template with god-knows-how-many possibilites for scew ups with the positioning of the disk image and wasted disks & ink.

I'd really like something where I can just design the label and hit "print" - like you do with CD-labelprint.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chippy
Chippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Recommended CD/DVD printing software?

CD LablePrint will let you go down to 17mm. You have to create a new template by hitting the "select paper" button, then "new". I keep templates for each of the type discs that I use. The only real limitation of the Canon program is the outer limit, which is 118mm. Some discs can be printed to 119-120mm in other programs.
CDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007   #3
CD Freaks Junior Member

Aha! Thanks very much for the tip. I wonder why it won't let you go below 33m in the standard template???!!

Anyway, I have got to work now. Thank once again :-)

Chippy
Chippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #4
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDan View Post
CD LablePrint will let you go down to 17mm. You have to create a new template by hitting the "select paper" button, then "new". I keep templates for each of the type discs that I use. The only real limitation of the Canon program is the outer limit, which is 118mm. Some discs can be printed to 119-120mm in other programs.
WOW....thanks so much for the info.....

ill put the info to use right away....i just purchased 10 TDK Blu Ray 50 GB Disc from Japan....now i can print exact Blu ray.

thanks again
rugburn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #5
MyCE Rookie

What I've started doing lately is creating my artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. That is, for the short time I've have my Canon. Before that, I used the same process with my Epson using Epson Print CD.

Here is a thread with PSD Templates for popular printable DVD media.
MSmart99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009   #6
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmart99 View Post
What I've started doing lately is creating my artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. That is, for the short time I've have my Canon. Before that, I used the same process with my Epson using Epson Print CD.

Here is a thread with PSD Templates for popular printable DVD media.
thanks, it is really helpful!!!!!
digitdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009   #7
CD Freaks Rookie

I have used Acoutica Easy CD/DVD Label Maker for several years and have never had issues with it. I recognizes whichever printer you're using and set up the parameters for it. It is flexible and has quite a few options to it, such as adjusting offsets for printing, etc.

I download a lot of my DVD movie jpegs from www.cdcovers.cc or other websites, then I load them into the Easy CD program.

Try it... you'll like it.
nibiru2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009   #8
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmart99 View Post
... artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. ...[/url].

I agree, I do the same...this is about the easiest way and gives you maybe the best results of all.

Just by chance, today´s free software at http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ is a cover designer Cover Commander 3.0 but you only have right now to download and install otherwise it will cost $69
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibiru2008 View Post
I have used Acoutica Easy CD/DVD Label Maker for several years and have never had issues with it. I recognizes whichever printer you're using and set up the parameters for it. It is flexible and has quite a few options to it, such as adjusting offsets for printing, etc.

I download a lot of my DVD movie jpegs from www.cdcovers.cc or other websites, then I load them into the Easy CD program.

Try it... you'll like it.

having trouble trouble printing to the hub of my discs with acousitca, can someone help me fix this??
sunnyd787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #10

having trouble trouble printing to the hub of my discs with acousitca, can someone help me fix this??
sunnyd787 is offline   Reply With Quote