Old 28-05-2004   #1
New on Forum
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4
Help with cd-labelprint

Hi, I just got the i965 and trying to work out how to print on the hub (middle of cd) I'm using cd-labelprint and it wont let me make the circle any smaller when i'm setting it up. any suggestions?
trader28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #2
New on Forum
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 1
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Here is what you need to know.I found the following info when I was doing a search a while back.All I have done is setup a couple of different Reg files and it makes it easy to change from one setting to the other.
There is a bug in the CD printing application though, ironically the same as
the Epson PrintCD application. It states the inner diameter can not be less
than 17mm, however you can only adjust the inner diameter up and down 10mm
from the default 43mm, making the minimum diameter usable through this
interface 33mm. As I need down to 20mm with my stock of Pioneer media, I
found the solution is the same as with the Epson. You have to modify the
registry manually:

The key to change is:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaNavigation\CDLabelPrint\1.0\Settings\SizeAd
just\.Standard CD (12cm)]

Change the "Inner" value to the number of mm times 10, use negative for
smaller. Its relative to 43mm. For example, to adjust 23mm smaller (giving
20mm bore) change: "Inner" to -230.

Then in CD-Label, open the "Adjust Circle Size", then select ok (don't
change anything). Change made! This does not work with the Outer diameter.

Regards Gary
bendarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 202
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

I use SureThing CD Labeler Deluxe 4 it will do that for Epson 960/R800/R300/R200/ not sure what printer you have never heard of i965
L1br4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2004   #4
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Is there any reason to not print all labels with a 23mm center, other then for looks?
andyyyy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004   #5
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

I have a similar, but different, request. I recently purchased a Canon iP4000 printer wich ships with CD-LabelPrint.

I use SuperJewel cases but the templates for CD Jewel Case Print only seem to support standard jewel cases .... where can I get / or how do I format/create for SuperJewel case size?

Is there alternative software I could use.

Thank you.
rw227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004   #6
New on Forum
 
kev1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Townsville, Australia
Posts: 18
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyyyy2
Is there any reason to not print all labels with a 23mm center, other then for looks?
If you think about it the only reason to print labels for CD's IS to make them look good and easy to find. As for the small hole centre - if you are using printable DVD/CD's that have a full printable surface then you sure don't want a big white patch in the middle.

Kev
kev1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004   #7
New on Forum
 
kev1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Townsville, Australia
Posts: 18
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendarl
-----<snip>-----

The key to change is:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaNavigation\CDLabelPrint\1.0\Settings\SizeAd
just\.Standard CD (12cm)]

Change the "Inner" value to the number of mm times 10, use negative for
smaller. Its relative to 43mm. For example, to adjust 23mm smaller (giving
20mm bore) change: "Inner" to -230.

Then in CD-Label, open the "Adjust Circle Size", then select ok (don't
change anything). Change made! This does not work with the Outer diameter.

Regards Gary
This was the very reason I arrived at this forum! I tried it as soon as I read it and it worked perfectly. Great job and thank you!!

Kev
kev1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005   #8
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Really good work!
By the way, anyone know how many mm the verbatim full face hub print is inner circle?
praeferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005   #9
xB^
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Hey there.

Why all this bother ? none if this is really necesary, and yes u can set inner diameter to 17 mm.

Here is the EASY solution :

When in cd label print , do the following :

1. Go to File menu , and press "Select paper.."

2. When there, press the "New" tag on the bottom .. then
u get a new "label profile setup.

3. Name it e.g Verbatim Fullface, set Inner diameter to 21 mm , and
outer diameter to 118 (sadly it cant be anythin greater than 118 .. but verbatim fullface shoud be 119 mm) so this is a problem i'm workin on myself.

4. Now u can print fullface labels, without any tweaks. and yeah the +/- adjustments is max 10 mm on the selected profile.. but when u make a new one , u never have to adjust (only if u use different discs.. just make a workin profile for every disc)

Hope this helps out more.

But if anyone know how to get the app to print 119 mm outer size, THAT would be very helpful..

- xB^


Quote:
Originally Posted by bendarl
Here is what you need to know.I found the following info when I was doing a search a while back.All I have done is setup a couple of different Reg files and it makes it easy to change from one setting to the other.
There is a bug in the CD printing application though, ironically the same as
the Epson PrintCD application. It states the inner diameter can not be less
than 17mm, however you can only adjust the inner diameter up and down 10mm
from the default 43mm, making the minimum diameter usable through this
interface 33mm. As I need down to 20mm with my stock of Pioneer media, I
found the solution is the same as with the Epson. You have to modify the
registry manually:

The key to change is:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaNavigation\CDLabelPrint\1.0\Settings\SizeAd
just\.Standard CD (12cm)]

Change the "Inner" value to the number of mm times 10, use negative for
smaller. Its relative to 43mm. For example, to adjust 23mm smaller (giving
20mm bore) change: "Inner" to -230.

Then in CD-Label, open the "Adjust Circle Size", then select ok (don't
change anything). Change made! This does not work with the Outer diameter.

Regards Gary
Attached Images
 
xB^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005   #10
CD Freaks Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 36
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

I'm using Verbatim Photo Printable and the size is 119, but the application doesn't support it. Is there another way?
Vampirtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005   #11
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Thanks guys for this great posts
NightFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #12
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Ostrayla
Posts: 12
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

I use Verbatim and Imation full face printable and I was using cd label print with my IP400 but I didnt like the "ring of confidence" (white bit ) around the outside.
So I made a template in coreldraw - using 119mm as the outside dimension and 17.5 - 19mm for the inside (varies on brand used). Which can be adjusted for scanned labels sometimes up to 24mm.

I always look for the "custom" made labels when downloading - or I make my own - as that eliminates having a white circle around the centre.
Wild0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #13
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Ostrayla
Posts: 12
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild0ne
and 17.5 - 19mm for the inside (varies on brand used).
Ummmmmmmmmmm sorry that should be 20.9mm - 22mm
Wild0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005   #14
CD Freaks Member
 
dj_phatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 147
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

anyone come up with a solution to adjusting the outer edge to 119mm instead of 118mm, just got some of these discs myself and found out the problem.
__________________
- MSI K8N Neo4 (MS-7125, Bios 1.2), AMD X2 4200+ (Skt939), 1GB RAM PC3200
- Pioneer 111D 1.29, BENQ DW1620 B7W9, Samsung S203N SB01
- 3x 500gb Samsung HD501LJ
dj_phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #15
CD Freaks Member
 
thewomble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new zealand
Posts: 52
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

EPSON R210 allows inner diameter of 20 and the outer 120 so I don't have any problem printing disc labels.
thewomble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #16
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Ostrayla
Posts: 12
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeferox
Really good work!
By the way, anyone know how many mm the verbatim full face hub print is inner circle?
Sorry for the late reply - 22mm it is

If you want to be sure get a "Electronic Digital Caliper" from DSE's
Wild0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005   #17
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 221
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_phatic
anyone come up with a solution to adjusting the outer edge to 119mm instead of 118mm, just got some of these discs myself and found out the problem.
Yes: http://pixma.webpal.info or http://pixma.web1000.com
hardgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006   #18
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 221
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgiant
http://pixma.allhyper.com is the newer frontpage.
__________________
Mod your USA Canon Printer to print on cd/dvd: DamnPrinter.com
hardgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006   #19
CD Freaks Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia Syd
Posts: 286
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgiant
How is that the solution?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006   #20
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 221
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw89
How is that the solution?
Go to this page: http://pixma.allhyper.com and click on the 119mm template for Nero

Nero Cover Designer comes free with Nero.
__________________
Mod your USA Canon Printer to print on cd/dvd: DamnPrinter.com
hardgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #21
CD Freaks Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia Syd
Posts: 286
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Just done that..WARNING this doesnt work for the Verbatim 119 ones..i did it and i came all out wrong. Didnt even adjust properly and stuff. I would definitely recommend Canon Label Print over Nero as it is way too complicated.
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #22
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 221
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw89
Just done that..WARNING this doesnt work for the Verbatim 119 ones..i did it and i came all out wrong. Didnt even adjust properly and stuff. I would definitely recommend Canon Label Print over Nero as it is way too complicated.
It's a starting off point, you need to adjust it for your individual printer since alignment is a little bit different for each one.

==================
__________________
Mod your USA Canon Printer to print on cd/dvd: DamnPrinter.com
hardgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006   #23
New on Forum
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

I'm using Microsoft Plus CD Labeler and CD Stomper labels. It gives the outer and inner circle dimensions for the label for standard face but I want to use full face. The file in notepad says 12, 15, 130, 134 (outer circle for CD labels) and on the next line is 51, 54, 92, 94 (inner circle for CD labels). I've been changing the numbers all around and still can't get the inner circle the correct dimensions for full face. The extension is a cdl file. How can I correctly reduce the size of the inner circle to use full face?

Thanks
caltroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #24
MyCE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 221
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw89
Just done that..WARNING this doesnt work for the Verbatim 119 ones..i did it and i came all out wrong. Didnt even adjust properly and stuff. I would definitely recommend Canon Label Print over Nero as it is way too complicated.

What Tray Letter are you using because the template is for Tray B. Canon has Tray B, C, D, and now F so it has to be adjusted for each of them.
__________________
Mod your USA Canon Printer to print on cd/dvd: DamnPrinter.com
hardgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #25
CD Freaks Junior Member
 
Urlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 86
Re: Help with cd-labelprint

Hi there, This is my first post.
I am new here and just came across this thread.
Hope I am not out of line in understanding what is discussed here.
Just wanted to add that I am using the Epson R320 printer and am just learning how to print to disc.
Also have yet to find which printable discs are the best to use.
I picked up a sample pack and right away had a "coaster" created on my Pio 640 DVR using a Ritek White Inkjet Printable which is included in the 7 brands, so crossed them off my list.

My Printer came with the Epson Print CD which lets me go from 20-50 for inner and 70-120 for outer diameter.
Here is a graphic of what I choose from if that is what the discussion is above.

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.


I have been buying and using SureThing glossy labels which I liked real well but figured as long as my printer has the option and if a cheaper way, then I'd try that.

Urlee
Urlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cd-labelprint not starting arkeyevme Disc Printing and Labeling 14 04-03-2009 13:04
Canon CD-LabelPrint manual? gr8mpg Disc Printing and Labeling 3 08-12-2006 21:35
Can Anyone Help With Cd LabelPrint rzep General Software 1 04-11-2005 01:02
Canon CD LabelPrint Metallo General Software 1 01-07-2005 02:38
CD-labelprint kempom General Software 1 17-01-2005 12:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:07.
Top