Old 09-09-2009   #1

CISS on Primera Bravo Pro

Hi there

I have just bourt a CISS for my Bravo Pro... but I got a problem..

I have to click sw on printer and dialogbox "ink cartrigde empty"

all the time...

Any one knows to Reset ink counter .. perhaps in regedit...

Regards

JK
Rosesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2

Re: CISS on Primera Bravo Pro

I only know of one place that does CISS for Bravo PRO. Let me tell you I have had their users ring me to see if I can fix their Bravo (because we're Primera certified) because the CISS system burst or has screwed up big time and it had damaged the Bravo.

Seriously a big risk to use these systems and help is very limited when you have trouble.
on2dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3

Hi

Thank you for reply.. What will /can go wrong...

The only problem I seem to have is that there is delivered a software that shuld accept/close any dialogbox with low ink level warnings... so I could continue printing... that is not working for me...

If not the ink systems leak or somthing... and the cartridge is dead/wearout I can install a new one.. what else goes wrong..

I got it from JPLDisplays

JK
Old 11-09-2009   #4
MyCE Rookie

my ciss on my epson went on the fritz the tubes were not tied correctly out of the way and after a month of use and about 500 prints the thing chaffed a hole in the blue tube because it was hitting the top cover on the printer , i turned my ciss into a reusable refillable cartridge outside of a little ink mess its not hard to refill them ...and cost the same for the ink it sounds like the primera does not let you use a reset chip like the arc>?>
stacy532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesound View Post
Hi

Thank you for reply.. What will /can go wrong...

The only problem I seem to have is that there is delivered a software that shuld accept/close any dialogbox with low ink level warnings... so I could continue printing... that is not working for me...

If not the ink systems leak or somthing... and the cartridge is dead/wearout I can install a new one.. what else goes wrong..

I got it from JPLDisplays

JK
Hi. Yes, JPL, that's who I was referring to. Only one in Australia, not sure if others do it around the world.

I don't really want to say anymore on this topic because it could be construed the wrong way and look bad for me.. and I don't wish to defame anyone.
on2dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #6

I'm in the same boat Rosesound.
I tried to contact JPL from their website a couple of days ago.
Hopefully they will respond.
I have been wishing for some place where Bravo Pro users could congregate/compare notes on various issues.

Well, maybe here is a start.
Kevinlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #7
MyCE Junior Member

Although I have to burn and print several discs...im still sticking with my MP610, less headaches and I don't need to worry about low ink. Might as well do them one by one.
indianagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #8

Rosesound, I got a reply from JPL
They sent me Diskprint Ver 1.4
that got it fixed
Kevinlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010   #9

I got a CISS from JPL, and it worked for some time..(i need spare parts, pipes) he had at software that could bypass ink levels (more or less) .. but now do not use that ciss i refill cartrigdes 2-5 times and install a new original .. to keep up with quality ..
Old 16-10-2010   #10

Kevin

Apologies for this thread is now a year old!

When you received the software from JPL: Diskprint 1.4 did it cancel the re-occurring ink warning regarding the low cartridge ink levels? I was wondering if it would cancel ink warning levels for a normal 53335 cartridge, or is it only effective when you are operating a CISS?

Perhaps you could get back and advise.

Thanks

Brian
ragamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010   #11

Rosesound

You say in your post that you have now abandoned the CISS in favour of cartridge refilling and occasional replacement. Our problem that we experienced is that after 2 refills the cartridge then registered as being empty, when it had never been allowed to go below 20%? This then cancels the advantages of the robotics, as the machine has to be kept manually switched all the time. Do you use the CISS software to cancel the low ink procedure warning and the need for manual switching?

Any assistance or update gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Old 16-10-2010   #12

Hello

Yes I use diskprint to disable inklevels...

and it normaly works..

Some times i think it is hard to refill because the ink is running out of the buttom and if a cyan drop toutches the yellow nozzel output ... then you can say goodbye to it..

regards JK

PS. sometimes I am thinking to bye a new printer...
Old 17-10-2010   #13

Hi JK

And many thanks for the reply!

I have a recording studio and we are often involved in short, and sometimes longer DVD and CD runs. I don't have a problem with refilling the Bravo pro cartridges: it is an aquired technique but generally is successful. I just get so annoyed that primera basically have adapted a Lexmark carrier and printhead, slightly modified the Lexmark cartridge, which incidently can be purchased for about £8.00 or less, and then tries to sell it at an extortionate price of around £40.00, although having said that I have just found a supplier of brand new original 53335 cartridges at £21.00 inc. postage, and even that is a heck of a price for a simple 3 colour unit!

You say in your mail that you use Diskprint to switch out the low ink levels when using the Primera cartridges or CISS. Where can I get a copy of this software, and does it run/modify the PTPublisher program that we are currently using with the Primera Bravo, or does it modify the firmware of the actual primera printer? I believe that originally that software was supplied by an Australian company, which whilst still in business, now seems to disassociate itself with CISS and software for the Primera Bravo,

Any further assistance that you can give regarding the Diskprint software would be very much appreciated, and in return any assistance that we may be able to help with: please do ask!

Regards

Brian
Old 17-10-2010   #14

Hello

It works only with an old version of Primeras software and an win XP uk/us version...

I would love to help you with a copy, but it generate an system code that you have to email to JPL and they send and new serial number return .. I dont know a way to crack it..

I got a "new" problem with Bravo Pro..
with the print.. it makes 3 areas om the disk where the colur is less solid... perhaps I can take an photo...

I think my buisness are simmilary to yours..

Where are you located...

regards JK
Old 17-10-2010   #15

Hi JK

We are just north of Southampton.

Regarding the problem that you are now experiencing with the Bravo, First, try replacing the current colour cartridge with another, If the problem still continues then I'm sorry to have to say that you probably have a fault in the print carriage, which again is basically Lexmark, and not the most robust on the market. We had a similar problem about 9 months ago and had to send the machine back for servicing and replacement print carriage head: total cost approx. £150.

We produce music radio shows for both online and Terrestrial Radio, and also have about 10 regional recording Bands and individual singers that we produce complete albums for,

ragamuffin.biz

greekweddings.biz

We also operate one of the best known outside catering businesses in this area.

All of this and I had supposedly retired 6 years ago!

brianglan@talktalk.net

As I said previously, if there is any way in which we can assist simply Shout!

Regard

Brian
Old 27-10-2010   #16

Hi

I have now tryed to install new cartridges... and problems anre there still...

Here is some pictures to show...

http://db.tt/UzugCvs

http://db.tt/15ES0gc

http://db.tt/f4Kgyqe

http://db.tt/rkDUMCq

http://db.tt/VKtwmRA

http://db.tt/9kxYL3W

http://db.tt/WG7UjFY

http://db.tt/VHNAWZ2

http://db.tt/ZlT6aOT

Is it possibel to fix it myself.. and where to by spareparts...

regards

JK