Old 21-11-2011   #1
MyCE Rookie

CD/DVD printing (in UK)- Epson R280 or Artisan 50? Please help.

Hi there,
Im trying to print damn good quality CDs but unfortunately i only have an epson R220 but it is old now and i have a feeling the ink i use is poor quality (Ebay bought) as when the CDs are printed, the colours are poor.

Is it epson i should be looking at? The reason i ask is that the software for it, although easy enough, causes me problems when i want to print a CD exactly right as opposed to roughly ok, if you see what i mean?

Anyway, please feel free to advise me as much as you can.

Thank you in advance- B
buel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011   #2
MyCE Rookie

Hello, anyone?
Old 22-11-2011   #3
MyCE Resident

I have an Epson R280, has working great for over a year. Look into alterntive ink as continuos as Epson ink can get expensive. Check out Epson stores clearances great buys.
durkinjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011   #4
MyCE Rookie

Re: CD/DVD printing (in UK)- Epson R280 or Artisan 50? Please help.

Hi, thanks for that.
Is alternative ink sometimes cheaper looking/more faded than the original ink though?
Old 23-11-2011   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by buel View Post
Hi, thanks for that.
Is alternative ink sometimes cheaper looking/more faded than the original ink though?
I have seen no difference.
Old 23-11-2011   #6

Most of the non-OEM ink I've used in my Epsons has only varied slightly in color tones, but I did run into one set of cheap carts that was so poor that a print could be described as "faded". Does a nozzle check print show all colors printing correctly? Pay special attention to the black. A problem with poor quality black ink or clogged head is a common cause of that faded look.

Don't know what you mean about "exactly" or "roughly OK" with the software?
Currently installed for testing: Lite-on DH20A4P-04(9P54) + Sony Optiarc AD-7200A(1.Z3) x2 "You want WHAT? OK, I can do that". + AD-7200S(1Z2) + AD-5280-CB-PLUS(1.Z7) + BenQ DW1650(BCIC) + BenQ DW1640(BSLB) x2 + Lite-on iHAS324-08 A(BL1H) + Asus DRW-24B1LT@iHAS424(ZLC1) + Asus DRW-24B1ST@iHAS324(BL1H) + Plextor PX-760A(1.03) + LG BD-RE WH10LS30(1.00) + Lite-on iHES208(8LOC) + Sammy SH-BO83L(SB01) + Pioneer BDR206(1.05) + Lite-on iHBS112-29(CLOK) + Pioneer BDR-205(1.12) + LG WH12LS39(1.00) + Lite-on iHBS212@Plextor PX-LB950SA(1.02)
deanwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011   #7
MyCE Rookie

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
I guess what im moaning about with the colour is that i cant seem to get the CD print to look even near the high quality print of originals...but i suppose that is to be expected?

Sorry for the annoying vagueness of my post, i meant i find it difficult to 'line up' a circular image to an actual CD/DVD when i print them, they seem always to be mis-aligned somehow, that's all.

So epsons are the way to go with CD/DVD printing then?
Old 30-11-2011   #8
MyCE Resident

I would choose a canon pixma.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chef_ View Post
I would choose a canon pixma.
Have both, have had several Epsons over the years, just got thePixma, instructions as to the use of the Cd operation were very vague, you have to wait until your program is ready to print and then open the tray to insert the CD, works great though, I still like the Epsons but they don't seem to last, I have had two that just refused ink (ink tank was not full), and twice the Cd would not insert all the way, the last one I am using has worked for over a year (R280), all in all I prefer the Epsons.
Old 03-12-2011   #10
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinjt View Post
Have both, have had several Epsons over the years, just got thePixma, instructions as to the use of the Cd operation were very vague, you have to wait until your program is ready to print and then open the tray to insert the CD, works great though, I still like the Epsons but they don't seem to last, I have had two that just refused ink (ink tank was not full), and twice the Cd would not insert all the way, the last one I am using has worked for over a year (R280), all in all I prefer the Epsons.
You got fooled by epson.

Use http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote