Old 31-12-2008   #1
New on Forum

Where did my MOBIL OPTION go???????

I just bought DVDFab Platinum w/mobil option after having the trial version for two weeks. I received both keys by e-mail to unlock the platinum and the modil option.

When I went to use DVDFab it said I had 29 days left on the trial. So I figured I must have installed it wrong. So I had uninstalled it by going to my Control Panel on my computer and then redownloading the program from the website.

I then went back to my e-mails to unlock both keys and now when the program starts it doesn't have the mobil option tab on the left column. It only shows DVD to DVD and not DVD to MOBIL.

Before it use to show both options. I also notice at the top of DVDFab there is a question mark (?), so i click it. Then I click the about tab and it show that I'm register for DVDFab Platinum but for Mobil it says (Trail User....Time Expired....Not Enabled)

So I then went on to the website to get the keys again but this time I asked to not get the e-mail attachment just the keys. I have them but when I tried to put those in, it still hasn't changed anything.

So I'm back to square one. Any help would be very much appreciated. And sorry this is so wordy.

I'm also new to the site and I tried to find answers to my question without asking my own. But I didn't find any.

So please take it easy on me........ I know it must be something I'm overlooking.

Thank you again for your time in my matter of crisis LOL.
kiyenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008   #2
Retired Moderator

Re: Where did my MOBIL OPTION go???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyenb View Post
I just bought DVDFab Platinum w/mobil option after having the trial version for two weeks. I received both keys by e-mail to unlock the platinum and the modil option.

When I went to use DVDFab it said I had 29 days left on the trial. So I figured I must have installed it wrong. So I had uninstalled it by going to my Control Panel on my computer and then redownloading the program from the website.

I then went back to my e-mails to unlock both keys and now when the program starts it doesn't have the mobil option tab on the left column. It only shows DVD to DVD and not DVD to MOBIL.

Before it use to show both options. I also notice at the top of DVDFab there is a question mark (?), so i click it. Then I click the about tab and it show that I'm register for DVDFab Platinum but for Mobil it says (Trail User....Time Expired....Not Enabled)

So I then went on to the website to get the keys again but this time I asked to not get the e-mail attachment just the keys. I have them but when I tried to put those in, it still hasn't changed anything.

So I'm back to square one. Any help would be very much appreciated. And sorry this is so wordy.

I'm also new to the site and I tried to find answers to my question without asking my own. But I didn't find any.

So please take it easy on me........ I know it must be something I'm overlooking.

Thank you again for your time in my matter of crisis LOL.
I may not be much help because I have had DVDFab before the two programs became separatlly, but I would try entering the reg key to unlock Platinum first then reboot then enter the reg key for the mobile option.
not sure this will work but it is what I would try
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008   #3
New on Forum

Thanks for the quick response.... i wasn't going to check the replys until tomorrow.

I did try that last night, in fact that was one of the first thing I tried. Now I'm thinking I might have to delete it out of my registry completely. That would be the last thing I want to try because I wouldn't know how to do it.

But I was looking under your signature of how to delete DVDFab off of vista registry. Do you think thats a good idea?
Old 31-12-2008   #4
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.... i wasn't going to check the replys until tomorrow.

I did try that last night, in fact that was one of the first thing I tried. Now I'm thinking I might have to delete it out of my registry completely. That would be the last thing I want to try because I wouldn't know how to do it.

But I was looking under your signature of how to delete DVDFab off of vista registry. Do you think thats a good idea?
The guides have done good for many users never hurt to start from scratch
Old 31-12-2008   #5
New on Forum

I have the same problem. I have uninstalled, re-installed several times. I paid for both, launched keys for both, but now program only launches without Mobile Option. Help!
cgardnerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008   #6
Retired Moderator

Are both of you running Vista ?, if so maybe the Mobile option needs to be added to the DEP exception list
Old 31-12-2008   #7
New on Forum

I just tried deleting DVDFab from the registry and I still do not have the DVD to MOBIL option. I'm going to e-mail support and see if they can help. I will let you know of my finding.

But I'm glad it not just me. (I'm not making light of our problem) but it just makes me fell better knowing it not just me.
Old 31-12-2008   #8
New on Forum

I'm running vista..... but it was working w/ the trial version two weeks ago. But then again you my be right.
Old 31-12-2008   #9
New on Forum

I am running Vista as well. It was working fine during trial. Something is clearly broken in the install/setup scripts. I DO have the DVDFabmobile.exe in the options folder.
Old 31-12-2008   #10
New on Forum

Same problem here...help!
topherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008   #11
New on Forum

kiyenb,

Please edit your post title to spell MOBILE properly so others can search for this thread later on. :-)
Old 31-12-2008   #12
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardnerma View Post
kiyenb,

Please edit your post title to spell MOBILE properly so others can search for this thread later on. :-)
It can only be edited by a member of the Mod Squad
Old 31-12-2008   #13
New on Forum

Re: Where did my MOBILE OPTION go???????

I'm not sure how to edit the title ( how many times can I spell that wrong) I'm and dummy. I'm here laughing at myself.
Old 31-12-2008   #14
Retired Moderator

Re: Where did my MOBILE OPTION go???????

Quote:
I'm not sure how to edit the title ( how many times can I spell that wrong) I'm and dummy. I'm here laughing at myself.
Don't worry about the spelling we all do that from time to time, plus we all would be in trouble from internet shorthand
Old 02-01-2009   #15
New on Forum

Anyone solve this yet?
Old 02-01-2009   #16
DVDidle Author

Dear all,

Could you please check "About" window to see the info?

Best Regards,
Fengtao
http://www.dvdidle.com/
fengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #17
New on Forum

Sure thing. Both Platinum and the Mobile Option are listed and enabled on the same day.
Old 03-01-2009   #18
New on Forum

The title bar in the app also says "Platinum (Option: Mobile) 5.2.2.2". It's there. The files are there. DVDFabMobile.exe is in the options folder as well. Just nothing shows up in the main gui and I can not access any of the functionality--even after a clean re-install.
Old 03-01-2009   #19
MyCE Resident

Did you click the down arrow on the right hand side of DVD to Mobil as they are seprate now where the other versions you could see them both and now you only see 1 at a time
2.81 GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
( Old like me ) But does the job great
Pioneer 112L FW 8.25
Pioneer 112L FW 8.25
Taiyo Yuden & Verbatim +R's Only In My Burners
DVDFAB

Paid Not To Work
US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )(San Diego Gas & Electric Retired (20 years)
Proudly Served On
USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #20
New on Forum

That section does not exist in my UI. There is a small divider bar in the bottom of the left hand pane, with a small up arrow. It is not labeled "Mobile" like it was in the trial. clicking it does nothing.
Old 03-01-2009   #21
MyCE Die Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardnerma View Post
That section does not exist in my UI. There is a small divider bar in the bottom of the left hand pane, with a small up arrow. It is not labeled "Mobile" like it was in the trial. clicking it does nothing.

...hmmmmm - I had no problems such as yours...

The left pane you mention, that when you click the bottom arrow does nothing... there should also be the same at the top of that pane - will say DVD - DVD - anything happen when you click that?

And, where did you guys download the files from? (if from DVDFab.com, or this forum, you shouldn't be having this problem, especially if 'About' shows both Fab & Mobile enabled).

Strange...

O'C

OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #22
Wii Freak

anyone with mobile option enabled

please navigate to
  • C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\DVDFab\V5
  • delete the uictl_customize.xml document

upon re-opening dvdfab UICTL will auto default settings.
Attached Images

troy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #23
New on Forum

O.K. I finally fixed it (or should I should I say a work around). Let me first start out by saying thank you to everyone on the forum by trying to help out in this ordeal.

I had e-mail support but the only thing they had suggested was to uninstall and re-install the program. As mention above me and two other users tried this several times and this didn't help. I would say anything negative about support but I just e-mail the wrong person.

Anyways here's my work around. I just made another user(w/administrator privileges) from my computer and then uninstalled and re-installed the program. And of course put the keys back in.

Walla, there you have it..... I'm back on board. the only thing now that I would have to do is switch users when I want to users the program.

I hope this help anyone with the same problem I had.

And this time I spelled check (don't know about grammar check) LOL.
Old 04-01-2009   #24
New on Forum

This is insane. Kiyenb, I'm glad you found a solution, but there's no reason this shouldn't work with the primary user account.

There's an 'add registration' dialog box under the ? button...any way to manually enter the key?
topherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #25
New on Forum

I've tried to enter it manually and this didn't work. The work around is the only option I found to work.