Old 20-09-2007   #1
New on Forum

Remove captions

I am converting my DVD into DVDFab Platinum. I deselect the captions option before I start converting the file. When I play the movie on my iPod, the captions are on. How do I remove the captions???
g2422c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007   #2
Nightwatchman

Re: Remove captions

Once they are in there is no way to get them out that I know of. Does it do this with all movies? What does it say in the subpicture area of the Configure screen (should NOT say "Direct Render to Video").
Here are some captures to show you where to look:

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.

and the Configure Screen:

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
signals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007   #3
New on Forum

I appreciate your quick response. I just got the iPod and tried to put the movie on it 3 times and got the same captions. Thanks again, I will try this.
g2422c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #4
New on Forum

Having exact same problem here. I thought I had everything selected like shown above but am doing again just in case. Also I changed 29.97 fps to 30fps---does this even make a difference in quality?
verhobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #5
Nightwatchman

Don't have an iPod so I don't know about what it likes for a framerate, but I cannot see any difference on my Archos 504 at all.
Old 17-11-2007   #6
New on Forum

Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same issues after converting to ipod. Any help is welcome, THANKS
archiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007   #7
Nightwatchman

When this was a problem once before, all that was necessary was to click to open the Configure screen and then click the OK button. While you have Configure open, make sure it does NOT say "Direct Render to Video" in the drop down selector in the lower right area. If it does, click OK then use the Back button to go back to the first screen and make sure there are no checks in any of the subpicture boxes. If you have cleared them all and get "No Subpicture" in the Configure screen drop down and still have subtitles appearing in the movie it is a bug.