Old 19-10-2006   #1
New on Forum

Play region locked DVD's with VLC media player

Keywords: VLC Media Player, VideoLan Client, RCE, DVD Region Free, DVD Region Code, Corrupt File, not supported media file.

A region 1 dvd that I brought back from the states wouldn't play, as my drive is set to region 2.

I quickly found programs that are written to do nothing much but overrun the region code, but they're all not free. I've found however, that in my cases the VLC media player silently does it's magic without even advertising that it is able to do so! I am once again pleasantly surprised by VLC! (I should have known). Try it, it's free, and it does great figuring out what to do with incompletely downloaded files, "corrupt" files, or many other files Windows Media Player has other complaints about.

In case someone from VideoLan just read this: Smile, 'cause my only point to you is:
THANK YOU GUYS!!! YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB!!!
michi2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: Play region locked DVD's with VLC media player

Hi michi2605 and welcome to cdfreaks,

Agreed, vlc is little gem...haven't found anything it won't play; and as you said, without all the crap associated with wmp...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote