Old 18-02-2010   #1

ILLEGAL to Backup Any Movie

Hi,just found out in Court here in Canada even tho I bought my DVD movies from stores it is illegal to backup any movie.They used my own DVDs in Court that he had me read the back of the DVD Case out loud infront of everyone and I did and the part I had to read twice was this:Anti Piracy Warning Unauthorized Copying Is Punishable Under Federal Law.I never sold any backups or even given any away.I was watching with friends my backup copy of Rambo and everyone was impressed by how good it looked and sound and then Dec 5 2009 the Police were here and Charged me with Piracy and just out of Court today and was fined had all my backups are going to be Destroyed and my Computer I also just got back and they removed my DVDFab and DVD Shrink and other files and not only am I paying a $900.00 fine but got one years Probation.I never said anything about DVDFab in Court and it Never came up in Court so now I have my first Police Record and everyone I did was for my Personal use and now this is my last post cause I can't be caught with any other Backup or next time I was told Jail.Oh I last thing it does not matter what Country you are living it said in Court why do you think they keep putting Copy Protection on Disc and Warning on Back of Case.
Old 18-02-2010   #2
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)
Re: ILLEGAL to Backup Any Movie

A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
Old 18-02-2010   #3
Retired Moderator

How did they know you was making backup copies ?
you sure it had nothing to do with illegal downloading ?
Old 18-02-2010   #4
MyCE Resident

My guess is a friend betrayed him? I hate to think of such but it is the only possibility I can think of at the moment besides what stormjumper pointed out.
Old 18-02-2010   #5
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

I´d just like to say, the law is an...

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
Old 18-02-2010   #6

What part did you not Understand StormJumper I never sold or gave any away or downloaded any movie.I bought them in different stores and all the ones I bought I made one backup.It all started after I told friends who watched it that it was only a backup.Did not take long to figure out first time I tell people (friends) about it later on Police are at my door.
I just don't know which one ratted me out.Now it cost me Money and first time Police Record and now it won't belong before I will find out which person sang a song to the law and made nothing I was doing wrong out to be something that has now changed my life.
Old 18-02-2010   #7
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_2_u View Post
What part did you not Understand StormJumper I never sold or gave any away or downloaded any movie.I bought them in different stores and all the ones I bought I made one backup.It all started after I told friends who watched it that it was only a backup.Did not take long to figure out first time I tell people (friends) about it later on Police are at my door.
I just don't know which one ratted me out.Now it cost me Money and first time Police Record and now it won't belong before I will find out which person sang a song to the law and made nothing I was doing wrong out to be something that has now changed my life.
Sorry didn't see anything in your first post about not being downloaded movies which is the reason I replied in the form of a question, and I'm also sorry you have friends that you can't trust
Old 18-02-2010   #8
MyCE Member

Oh great,you know how many times I showed my friends and never had the law come to my place yet.Not only to I buy them in Walmart or Zellers or other stores I also get brand new factory sealed dvds that are'nt even released yet and made copies of them for myself.Tomorrow i'm getting 2012 and that is not even released yet.O
Old 18-02-2010   #9
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Every situation is different and every countries laws are different so lets not get carried away here. If this was something that happened all the time I am sure we would be hearing from our Canadian members and we have plenty of them. So lets put this to sleep and say to bad for the person that got in trouble, there is usually more to a story than meets the eye.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
Old 18-02-2010   #10
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1476 View Post
Every situation is different and every countries laws are different so lets not get carried away here. If this was something that happened all the time I am sure we would be hearing from our Canadian members and we have plenty of them. So lets put this to sleep and say to bad for the person that got in trouble, there is usually more to a story than meets the eye.
Closed Thread