Old 06-01-2008   #1
New on Forum

DVDFab and Xbox 360 help needed

I would like a little help.

What I would like to know is how the DVDFab xbox 360 function works? Will it backup xbox 360 games, do I need any special DVD drives so it will write xbox 360 discs and does anyone have any first hand experiences and recommendations with the DVDFab xbox 360 function?
Old 06-01-2008   #2
New on Forum

Re: DVDFab and Xbox 360 help needed

I'm hoping it allows me to convert my DVD's to a format that I can play on my XBOX360 or other media extenders since MS limited the types of formats that can be streamed from computers to the extenders. Maybe I'm off base here...
thatdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #3
New on Forum

thatdood, another good question
Old 06-01-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdood View Post
I'm hoping it allows me to convert my DVD's to a format that I can play on my XBOX360 or other media extenders since MS limited the types of formats that can be streamed from computers to the extenders. Maybe I'm off base here...
DVD FAb Platinum has an XBox 360 profile which outputs to WMV9 Format. (stereo only)

It also has a generic AVI profile which maintains the 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio which I think can be played by the XBox. This is the standard that I use for all mye Network Media Players (Extenders is a Mo$$ieSoft Term)

Hope this helps.

Old 06-01-2008   #5
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brice View Post
I would like a little help.

What I would like to know is how the DVDFab xbox 360 function works? Will it backup xbox 360 games, do I need any special DVD drives so it will write xbox 360 discs and does anyone have any first hand experiences and recommendations with the DVDFab xbox 360 function?
It's for converting video to play on the Xbox 360 not for copying games.

Wombler
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #6
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brice View Post
StormJumper, you were the one who said this is the right place... I'll take your advice and go elsewhere to spare this thread for discussions on TurboTax.

Hi Neil Brice
The reason I told you to post a new thread was because most members do not read the thread where you asked for help the first time, and I know that you will get faster help
Sorry if you misunderstood my comment you can still use that other thread for help
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote