Old 11-03-2009   #1
MyCE Senior Member

Dvdfab will not open bluray and will only copy iso image to disk (LG GGWH20L )

I just got a LG GGW-H20L drive in hopes of copying blurays with DVDFAB, well I am glad I also got ANYDVDHD because I've tried three blurays (lakeview terrace, mirrors and next) and dvdfab will not open the disks, I wrote the disks to iso with ANYDVDHD and then tried to burn them w/DVDFAB - but they burn to my temp folder not to my target drive. does anyone else have these problems, any idea what I could be doing wrong??? Maybe it's just a bug that needs to be worked out, my system is in my sig. too bad%*%*()(*(*)(!!!!!!!!!!!!
WD VELOCIRAPTOR 10K 600GB, 1.5 TB WD 7.2K 64MB cache
2 CHEETAH 15K.6 300GB SAS, OCZ VERTEX 2 120 GB SSD (ext eSATA)
WD 2TB 7.2K 64MB cache(ext eSATA), 4 PIONEER BDR-205 (2w/1.04, 2w/1.08)
PLEXTOR 880SA-26 (patched), LiteOn iHES208-08 & 2 iHAS424A (1 int, 1 ext)
ASUS 24B1ST(ext eSATA), 2 BUFFALO BR816SU2's (Burst rate=67MB) - nice

Jazz, Blues, Peace = better for the soul!
SLOVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #2
Nightwatchman

Re: Dvdfab will not open bluray and will only copy iso image to disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOVEHEART View Post
I just got a LG GGW-H20L drive in hopes of copying blurays with DVDFAB, well I am glad I also got ANYDVDHD because I've tried three blurays (lakeview terrace, mirrors and next) and dvdfab will not open the disks, I wrote the disks to iso with ANYDVDHD and then tried to burn them w/DVDFAB - but they burn to my temp folder not to my target drive. does anyone else have these problems, any idea what I could be doing wrong??? Maybe it's just a bug that needs to be worked out, my system is in my sig. too bad%*%*()(*(*)(!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sloveheart
I just got the LG BE06LU10 external and it was necessary to update the firmware before DVDFab would read the discs. Works fine now. See if there is an update for your drive. Good luck navigating the LG website.
signals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #3
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals View Post
Sloveheart
I just got the LG BE06LU10 external and it was necessary to update the firmware before DVDFab would read the discs. Works fine now. See if there is an update for your drive. Good luck navigating the LG website.
well i guess i'm out o luck, my firmware was current when i bought the drive, it was manufactured in jan.2009 and came w/yl05 the latest firmware, i am going to get a pioneer bdr-203 soon-maybe that will work, but i still do not understand why when i use a souce iso file i ripped w/anydvdhd in dvdfab and use the target drive - my lg ggw-h20l dvdfab just burns a copy to hard disk, not to the target drive... any ideas???

Old 12-03-2009   #4
New on Forum

I have a BDR-203 and it works great BUT there are issues with dvdfab ver. 5.0.3.6 ...
tmanbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #5
Nightwatchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOVEHEART View Post
well i guess i'm out o luck, my firmware was current when i bought the drive, it was manufactured in jan.2009 and came w/yl05 the latest firmware, i am going to get a pioneer bdr-203 soon-maybe that will work, but i still do not understand why when i use a souce iso file i ripped w/anydvdhd in dvdfab and use the target drive - my lg ggw-h20l dvdfab just burns a copy to hard disk, not to the target drive... any ideas???
What mode are you trying to use in DVDFab? Not all of them currently support BD Sources, and I'm not sure any of them support BD ISO(?) Sources. You may have to mount the image on a virtual drive for DVDFab to be able to see it. You might also try putting DVDFab in the Windows File System mode (Common Settings->Read) for reading the images. Does ImgBurn recognize the image file? Let us know what works.
signals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009   #6
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals View Post
What mode are you trying to use in DVDFab? Not all of them currently support BD Sources, and I'm not sure any of them support BD ISO(?) Sources. You may have to mount the image on a virtual drive for DVDFab to be able to see it. You might also try putting DVDFab in the Windows File System mode (Common Settings->Read) for reading the images. Does ImgBurn recognize the image file? Let us know what works.

signals:
What mode are you trying to use in DVDFab?

Full Disk

You may have to mount the image on a virtual drive for DVDFab to be able to see it.

When I used the iso image file as a source and the LG GGW-H20L as target, dvdfab just wrote the image file to disk making bvdm and certificate folders etc. It would not write it to drive

I did try to use windows file system and it made no difference, but what is interesting is when I put my bluray backup (made w/imgburn and anydvdhd) dvdfab recognized the disk and I believe would have copied and written it just fine, but the original disk it would not recognize with either the LG GGW-H20L or my new Pioneer BDR-203, I hate to have to write fentango (sp) but i think I should.

Please eloborate on mounting iso to virtual drive, I have heard this before and it should come to mind, but it doesn't (if you have the time, or I should use search and answer this myself. I just have soo much to do - my wife is getting hip replacement surgery soon and we have a million things to take care of - plus I am trying to educate myself on bluray now, since I made the leap. I thought in the past that I would never be into bluray and dismissed it as something for those who were richer than I, now I just went into debt for a new plasma tv and bluray plyer and disk drives etc and have to catch up with all the knowledge I need to go with it - should have stayed with it when it came out... oh well.

imgburn - I have only used anydvdhd and imgburn by ripping to hard drive and then writing bvdm and certificate files to drive, I have not tried the image file with it , but according to imgburn's guide there is a way to write an iso file to disk, when i try to load the folder with the bvdm and certificate folders into dvdfab it will not accept them as a source, but imgburn works very well - nice for free ware, also the write speed is higher than with dvdfab - for dvd sl and dvd dl...