Old 21-07-2010   #26
Retired Moderator

Re: DVDFab Registration Key

Harry I see you are going over the guide this morning...please read the PM(Private Message) I sent you.....
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010   #27
MyCE Rookie

Do you happen to know the name of the old key file that keeps coming up? So that I can do a search for it. In the area when the new key is suppost to go there is another key number that keeps showing up. Maybe if I knew what the hidden key name is I could look for ..
Harry Moyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010   #28
MyCE Rookie

Only do this step if you know what you are doing and do it at your
own risk
Open "Regeditor" and go to the following keys
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" delete all entries for DVDFab
( you will have to go down the list very far to find them )
now close the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" key

Now open the following key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER">> "SOFTWARE" and delete the DVDFab
folder and the VSO folder(if not used by another program on your
system)
close the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" key

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE">> "SOFTWARE" and delete the DVDFab
folder and the VSO folder( if not used by another program)
close HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

"HKEY_USERS"
here you will see entries with sets of numbers, your account will/should be the entry with the longest set of numbers..open it and go to software and delete all entries for DVDFab and VSO..
closr HKEY_USERS and exit the registry editor

Ok I didnt find anything for DVDFab in any of these areas, or do they have it under a different name?
Old 22-07-2010   #29
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moyles View Post
Do you happen to know the name of the old key file that keeps coming up? So that I can do a search for it. In the area when the new key is suppost to go there is another key number that keeps showing up. Maybe if I knew what the hidden key name is I could look for ..
If you followed the guide to the letter then you shouldn't have a registration number showing in DVDFab at all when you re-install DVDFab, matter of fact it will install as the free version BUT it will show that the trial period has expired because I didn't add that location in the guides.

Did you place a check mark under "Privilege Level" on the "Compatibility" tab before double clicking on the reg key ? also after you did the clean un-install did you download a new install package ? because using the same one you used before could be the problem..e.g.. got corrupt during the download(which has been known to happen).

Now the only other thing I can think of...and I'm not saying this is what the problem is in you case so don't take it the wrong way please...

Fengtao has placed some registration numbers on a blacklist because they are either illegal reg numbers and/or the user has given the reg key to friends thus having multiple use of the same registration

again the last statement doesn't mean it is what your problem is just stating my observation of the worst registration issue could be.

Have you tried doing a system restore back before you installed DVDFab with this problem ?
Old 22-07-2010   #30
Retired Moderator

@Harry

I know this was in a PM between you and I but I feel it should be posted in the forum in other members have a reg issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moyles
Hi Storm Jumper
I have administrator privilege no problem there
Hi Harry

With Window Vista Home and Windows 7 Home the Administrative accounts are limited because the Administrative account is not defined within the security policy so even if you are the owner logged on as Administrator you are limited, however you can increase your limitation by using a log on password for your account but it will still have limitations which is why the use of privilege level on the compatibility tab may be necessary with some software programs,

So if you have not tried the compatibility tab setting please try it and then open DVDFab and click on the green check mark upper right corner and select "About" to see if it show as registered.
Old 22-07-2010   #31
MyCE Rookie

Well I am 63 and I dont give out keys so there is no problem there that I know of. But I do have a second computer thats not on the interent. Maybe I should put that one on the net and see if I can get dvdfab working on that one..
IF all fails I might have to find some kid who can get it going for me..
Thanks for your help..
Old 22-07-2010   #32
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moyles View Post
Well I am 63 and I dont give out keys so there is no problem there that I know of. But I do have a second computer thats not on the interent. Maybe I should put that one on the net and see if I can get dvdfab working on that one..
IF all fails I might have to find some kid who can get it going for me..
Thanks for your help..
Did you see my last reply (Post #30) ?