Old 26-06-2010   #1

DVDFab Registration Key

I installed 7.0.7.0 today and put my key in there. When I use it, it says the key will be expired 7/26/2010. I sent an email to DVDFab and they sent me back a key. I entered it and it still says it will be expired 7/26/2010. I uninstall the program and re-install it, the result is the same. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
chibond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010   #2
Administrator & Reviewer

re: DVDFab Registration Key

Try doing a clean uninstall using this guide then reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Wombler
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010   #3

It works. Thank you!
chibond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010   #4
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibond View Post
It works. Thank you!
Glad to hear that and I hope you continue to find the forums here useful.

Wombler
Old 20-07-2010   #5
MyCE Rookie

It didnt work for me, I uninstalled the dvd fab and reinstalled it and put the key number in and it didnt take it. Any other suggestions, I really getting tired of reputing in the key, why cant we leave it the way it was? All ways problems with dvd fab..
Harry
Harry Moyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010   #6
Administrator & Reviewer

Make sure you're using the clean uninstall method here rather than just a normal uninstall, then reinstall.

If this still doesn't work then you may have to contact DVDFab support.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Old 20-07-2010   #7
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moyles View Post
It didnt work for me, I uninstalled the dvd fab and reinstalled it and put the key number in and it didnt take it. Any other suggestions, I really getting tired of reputing in the key, why cant we leave it the way it was? All ways problems with dvd fab..
Harry
Hi Harry depending on your operating system you may have to do it differently...

When registering the product it is best to just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment, however if you are running Vist home prem or Windows 7 home you will have to either have a logon password for your account(Administrator) or before registering right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select "Properties" and click on the "Compatibility" tab and at the very bottom under "Privilege Level" place a check mark next to "Run this program as an Administrator"

I suggest the Compatibility tab as a better choice for security reasons
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010   #8
MyCE Rookie

I am running the new windows premium,, when I run the key, note book comes up with a long sting of numbers and nothing else. I copy the long sting and paste it in dvd fab and it will not take it..Please tell me why they have to keep changing the key structure of this soft ware? What a pain..
Harry
Old 20-07-2010   #9

Did you delete the hyphons from the key

I had them at the beginning and end

Forum Rules: http://club.myce.com/f34/announcemen...uidelines.html

GO TEAM GO Fold for team 13505 http://folding.stanford.edu/

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
bean55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010   #10
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I am running the new windows premium,, when I run the key, note book comes up with a long sting of numbers and nothing else. I copy the long sting and paste it in dvd fab and it will not take it..Please tell me why they have to keep changing the key structure of this soft ware? What a pain..
Harry
Just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment in the email...
Old 20-07-2010   #11
MyCE Rookie

I do and note pad comes up with a long sting of numbers?
Old 20-07-2010   #12
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I do and note pad comes up with a long sting of numbers?
Note pad

OK try this...

Right click on the reg key and select "Open with" then navigate to the DVDFab.exe file located in c drive-> Program Files-> DVDFab.
Old 20-07-2010   #13

And then you can copy and paste that into the registration box,but you will need to remove the hyphens or brackets at the beginning and or end of that string of numbers

Or follow SJ steps

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
Old 20-07-2010   #14
MyCE Rookie

Says the key its not a valid windows32 file?????????????
Old 20-07-2010   #15
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Says the key its not a valid windows32 file?????????????
What operating system are you running ?
Old 20-07-2010   #16

Harry

Quote:
new windows premium
32 bit or 64 bit ? Win 7

Old 20-07-2010   #17
MyCE Rookie

windows 7 I have both 64 and 32, oh when I go to put the number in there is another number all ready in it so I delete the old number and put in the new but for some reason it will not keep it. Oh I copyed the key and put it in the dvdfad directory but it didnt do any good..
Old 20-07-2010   #18
Retired Moderator

Quote:
windows 7 I have both 64 and 32, oh when I go to put the number in there is another number all ready in it so I delete the old number and put in the new but for some reason it will not keep it. Oh I copyed the key and put it in the dvdfad directory but it didnt do any good..
Did you see this in post#7

"When registering the product it is best to just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment, however if you are running Vist home prem or Windows 7 home you will have to either have a logon password for your account(Administrator) or before registering right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select "Properties" and click on the "Compatibility" tab and at the very bottom under "Privilege Level" place a check mark next to "Run this program as an Administrator"

Also what website did you buy it from and what version of DVDFab do you have ?, the reason I ask about the version is because there was an issue with registration with one of the earler versions.

Last edited by StormJumper; 20-07-2010 at 23:50.
Old 21-07-2010   #19
MyCE Rookie

I went to regedit and took out anything with the dvdfab name, then installed the newest ver of dvdfab. I am still getting numbers in the box, dont know where they are coming out. I run the key and even copyed the file into the subdirectory and that hasnt helped any either?
Old 21-07-2010   #20
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I went to regedit and took out anything with the dvdfab name, then installed the newest ver of dvdfab. I am still getting numbers in the box, dont know where they are coming out. I run the key and even copyed the file into the subdirectory and that hasnt helped any either?
Are you saying you did a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature ? if so why sre you still entering the registration number manually ? did you try the compatibility mode as I suggested ? also you didn't say what website you bought the product from
Old 21-07-2010   #21
MyCE Rookie

I coudlnt follow your guide? I uninstalled the program then when to regedit and looked to dvdfab, deleted them, Reinstalled dvdfab and I did use the key but still didnt recognize the key so I installed it manually. Still doesnt work. I give up..Bummer..I bought it right from you guys..
Old 21-07-2010   #22
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I coudlnt follow your guide? I uninstalled the program then when to regedit and looked to dvdfab, deleted them, Reinstalled dvdfab and I did use the key but still didnt recognize the key so I installed it manually. Still doesnt work. I give up..Bummer..I bought it right from you guys..
The statement above in bold tells me or us absolutely nothing since we or I don't work for the author of DVDFab...which website

I am trying to help you the best I can
Old 21-07-2010   #23
Retired Moderator

Harry

I went over all your past posts and it seems you have had DVDFab since version 3 which means you have a lifetime registration, if you don't have the DVDFab all-in-one registration key please send off for it also if your email has changed since you bought DVDFab you will need to change it in their database first before sending off for the latest key...

Please see the knowledge-base here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-knowledge-base-310834/
Old 21-07-2010   #24

Harry

You should not be having these problems, did you follow Post #7 from above ?
Do the clean uninstall first.

That is probably the biggest issue with Win 7 and actually the security is for the best so it really is not a problem just a annoyance.

If you do the clean uninstall and then follow post # 7 ( From Above ) about the administrator part you should not have any more problems.

Old 21-07-2010   #25
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean55 View Post
Harry

You should not be having these problems, did you follow Post #7 from above ?
Do the clean uninstall first.

That is probably the biggest issue with Win 7 and actually the security is for the best so it really is not a problem just a annoyance.

If you do the clean uninstall and then follow post # 7 ( From Above ) about the administrator part you should not have any more problems.
Morning bean Harry said he was unable to follow the guide, however he did say he deleted DVDFab from the registry but I don't think he deleted them all

If you check the guide there are multiple entries in different locations and I think this is where he is having the problem because he didn't delet the entries of DVDFab that retains the registration number