Old 28-11-2006   #1
CD Freaks Member

DVDFab phone number

Hi all, does anyone here have a phone number for DVDFavb customer support? I have sent emails with no response.
dc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006   #2
CD Freaks Member

Re: DVDFab phone number

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3
Hi all, does anyone here have a phone number for DVDFavb customer support? I have sent emails with no response.
Post your problem here. Someone will help
Tattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006   #3
Retired Moderator & Reviewer

The author of FAB checks in here almost daily it seems.
~KIPPER~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006   #4
dc3
CD Freaks Member

The problem is that I have had problems downloading either the Gold or Platinum series. I had downloaded both for trial use and neither worked, I redownloaded them and they worked. I wiped my hdd prior to installing it in my new build two weeks ago so I lost the software, I downloaded again not once, but twice with the same problem. Needles to say this was a costly inconvenience.

I have used this software before and liked it enough that I was interested in purchasing it, but with the download problems that I have experienced I wanted to know if a disc was available. I emailed them twice and never heard anything back. So I was trying to find a phone number so that I could get a answer.

Since I have started posting in your forums this week it seems that DVDFab isn't as popular as I would have thought. One of the members had suggested that I try AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I have and am now thinking about purchasing it. I'm tired of using trial versions, I want software that I can get upgrades and tech support in the event of problems. It really is a shame, I like the simplicity of the DVDFab Express, for what I do this was a good tool.

At this point I would like to get in touch with them simply to let them know about their problem and see if they can suggest a solution. I'm stuck with a dial up connection due to the rural location where I live, and am not going to spend three hundred dollars for an installation and then sixty dollars a month for the privilege of broadband.

End of rant. lol
Old 29-11-2006   #5
CD Freaks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3
I have used this software before and liked it enough that I was interested in purchasing it, but with the download problems that I have experienced I wanted to know if a disc was available. I emailed them twice and never heard anything back. So I was trying to find a phone number so that I could get a answer.
They are based out of the US so it's hard you can find a phone # where to call. Hopefully they will answer here soon explaining what the problem is with your download.
Tattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006   #6
CDFreaks Resident

Sorry for your frustration.

I can't speak specifically to your download problems, but I know a few weeks ago, there were issues with CSS and non-CSS versions becoming reversed on their respective websites...not sure if this affected you. While dialup has its hassles, you're right...plenty of users have dialup and you should still be able to download ok...

In the past, Fengtao has successfully pm'd users with specific versions.
I'd be happy to pm or email (or both) the latest stable version of platinum - 3.0.3.9 beta. As you are no doubt aware, v. 3.0.4.0 has a bug and we're waiting for the new beta to fix the crash problems.

I would recommend that you uninstall Fab completely and probably run a registry cleaner prior to the new install. If you need one, RegSeeker is excellent and free.

Good luck, and let us know...
Hope this helps.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006   #7
dc3
CD Freaks Member

Hi maineman, you have a pm. Thank you for the response and I will take you up on your offer.

I'm curious, why would I need to run a registry cleaner after unistall the file?

Thanks again, dc3

Edited: Would going into search and deleting all DVDFab files accomplish the
same thing?
Old 30-11-2006   #8
DVDidle Author

Hi dc3,

Why don't you post your problem in detail here? So that we can try to help you.

Best Regards,
Fengtao
http://www.dvdidle.com/
fengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006   #9
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengtao
Hi dc3,

Why don't you post your problem in detail here? So that we can try to help you.

Best Regards,
Fengtao
And it would be alot cheaper than a real long distance call.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006   #10
dc3
CD Freaks Member

Hi guys,

The problem that I'm having is getting a usable download of DVDFab, Gold or Platinum. Because of the rural area that I live in I'm relegated to a dial up connection which usually runs at 26.4kbps,the option is a $300. installation and $60. a month bill for a satellite connection.

The thread pertaining to this can be read here.

As for the long distance call, once again living in a rural area has it's draw backs. In this cas it's local toll calls, on a average month my local toll calls will run between $30. and $40., so I have a flat rate unlimited long distance which is $29. a month.
Old 01-12-2006   #11
New on Forum

I am having the same problem with DVDFab, I think they only answer questions that they have a positive answer to.

Anyway, my problem is after making DVD I get an error when playing it on my Sony DVD player.
"Playing of this disk is prohibited by area limits"

I am using:
DVDPlatinum, Version: 3.0.4.0
DVD Region+CSS Free, Version: 5.9.8.3
UltraDVD, Version: 5.6

DVD units:
Sony DVD RW DRU-710A (BYX5) Region 1
Sony DVD RW DW-U10A Region 2

DVD title: Hotel Du Lac
Region: 2
Origin: England
base1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #12
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3
Hi guys,

The problem that I'm having is getting a usable download of DVDFab, Gold or Platinum. Because of the rural area that I live in I'm relegated to a dial up connection which usually runs at 26.4kbps,the option is a $300. installation and $60. a month bill for a satellite connection.
There are some download accelerator programs that will pick up where it left off if connection is lost. Many are free and can be found on a google search.

I can relate to the slow connections as I live in a small mountain county where the same man owns phone, cable, and Internet companies. We finally got DSL.

Also try to download overnight, when your local usage is light. Also check for file sizes. Some download programs will split large files, then put them back together.

Do you have free international calling, if not I am sure it would cost and take more time due time differences?

Mack

Find missing DVD or CD drives download CDGONE and Disable Auto Run Click Here
Media Info: Click Here
To understand DMA and how to lock it click Here

The more problems that I have to deal with; the more I learn Clicking on Search or Searching on Google will not cause your computer to explode That is just a rumor
bigmacnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #13
CDFreaks Resident

@base1000

Are you trying to run DVD Platinum, Version: 3.0.4.0 and DVD Region+CSS Free, Version: 5.9.8.3 at the same time. If so there may be a conflict.

Are you playing it back on computer or standalone player. Also make sure all firmware is up to date. I also think that you need to put region code of drive you are using, so you would need to reset the region code each time you change drives.

Mack

Find missing DVD or CD drives download CDGONE and Disable Auto Run Click Here
Media Info: Click Here
To understand DMA and how to lock it click Here

The more problems that I have to deal with; the more I learn Clicking on Search or Searching on Google will not cause your computer to explode That is just a rumor
bigmacnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #14
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Quote:

There are some download accelerator programs that will pick up where it left off if connection is lost. Many are free and can be found on a google search.
This is a real good one:http://westbyte.com/ida/
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #15
New on Forum

Thank you for your reply
I am playing it back on my Sony DVD player model DVP-5550D.
Firmware in the computers DVD units is the latest version.
I am using my (D drive) Sony DVD RW DW-U10A Region 2 as my source and my (E drive) Sony DVD RW DRU-710A (BYX5) Region 1 as my destination. Should I set DVD Region +CSS Free, Version: 5.9.8.3 to my (E drive)?

Last edited by base1000; 01-12-2006 at 18:34. Reason: Clarification
base1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #16
dc3
CD Freaks Member

Today I received a disc from Maineman with beta versions of DVDFab platinum so I now have good software. I also received my new Verbatim media via UPS today so I now have good media. I copied a movie using the new software and media and my problem with pixelation is still happening. As usual it occurs toward the end of the movie.

I can't help but wonder about the coincidence of this happening with my new build, but the only possibility I could see there would be a driver problem. The NEC 3550A that I'm using worked fine in my previous computer, but I guess it could just develop a problem.

I'm fresh out of ideas.
Old 05-12-2006   #17
CD Freaks Junior Member

You might want to wait a bit and see if a new beta might help some. I haven't noticed any pixelation problems on my setup but I have noticed lately in the more recent movies that if I have any problems with a movie it is ALWAYS towards the end (like the last 15-30 minutes). Myabe the burner just gets tired by the end of a movie

Probably not much help
brwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #18
MyCE Senior Member

I never had a problem with this, but they say the burning process is less stable at the edges of the disc. Either reduce the target size to about 4.2 gigs or burn at a slower speed.

Though there is a copy structure protection that is in the start of the files and at the end. Dvd fab could be failing to Decrypt the last VTS file correctly. Is this a sony movie?
Miroku44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #19
CDFreaks Resident

Hi dc3,

Glad you got the disc and sorry you're still having issues.
A few ideas:
What is your current target size?..."DVD Writable Media [DVD-5] Size" in common settings. As suggested, reduce this target size...the dye tends to thin out near the edge, rotational speed increases, wobble increases, laser focus deteriorates, etc.,..worse with crappy media, but true of all media.

Is your firmware current?
How fast are you burning? Again, the suggestion to reduce burn speed makes sense, assuming target reduction did not fix this...you may need to apply more than one fix.

I don't think this is a decrypting issue, particularly since you are using the exact same file and version as is on my pc, nor do I think it's firmware related, but current firmware is generally a good idea. Also, I can't quite connect the dots re: a flaw in your new build, but I swear, some of this stuff is like voodoo.

Do you have another burner to try?

If still having issues, could you post exactly how you're burning?...movie, mode (main movie, etc.,), target size (and size of file on the hdd prior to burning), burner, firmware, burn speed, media code, maybe even some test info from Nero CD-DVD Speed on the failed discs. Sorry for all the questions, but somebody here's gonna figure this out...

Let us know what happens after reducing the target size and/or burn speed.

Good luck.

Tom

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Last edited by maineman; 05-12-2006 at 19:04. Reason: Correction
Old 05-12-2006   #20
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
I don't think this is a decrypting issue, particularly since you are using the exact same file and version as is on my pc, nor do I think it's firmware related, but current firmware is generally a good idea. Also, I can't quite connect the dots re: a flaw in your new build, but I swear, some of this stuff is like voodoo.
Yes but do you have the same movie as him, with the same copy protection type? This thing varies so much. There is one that is implimented in the first and last movie file. dvd fab could be failing on this last file. Oh he might try a defrag?
Miroku44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #21
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroku44444
Yes but do you have the same movie as him, with the same copy protection type? This thing varies so much. There is one that is implimented in the first and last movie file. dvd fab could be failing on this last file. Oh he might try a defrag?
Hi Miroku44444,

Sorry if I sounded as though I was dismissive toward you, that was not my intent. I think your ideas on target size and burn speed reduction were right on the mark. This just doesn't strike me as a decrypting failure, per se, but that's one of the reasons I asked for the movie title. I've not experienced, nor have I heard of a single "decrypting" failure with platinum v.3.0.9.0 Beta. I've not seen an intentional bad sector as copy protection in a terminal file, but nothing about this business would surprise me...

Gotta run...

Old 06-12-2006   #22
CD Freaks Junior Member

unless you do main movie only, then the edges of the disc are not always the end of the movie. Think if you do a dvd9 -> dvd5 then the end of the movie could be the middle of the disc.

But I have to agree, I have better luck with slower burning speeds. I never do anything over 4x even though the burner says it is 12
brwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #23
dc3
CD Freaks Member

Hi all, The movie that I was trying to copy was Shanghai Noon, and I always choose just the main movie and will delete all but English languages. I will try setting the burning to a slower speed and see what happens.

What is so frustrating about this is I never had any problems, none, prior to the new build. The only thing I can think of other than that is to reinstall the motherboard drivers and see if for some reason one was corrupted while being installed, stranger things have happened.

Maineman, voodoo is close to what I had been thinking, I was thinking more towards getting a priest and having an exorcism performed. I can just see the monitor playing the Linda Blair role.
Old 06-12-2006   #24
dc3
CD Freaks Member

I can't believe how I can sit here and quite literally look at a solution to part of my problem and not see it. I was sitting in front my new computer looking at the old one across the room wishing that I had another burner to try, and it finally occurred that I could try the burner in question in the old machine.

I will post the results afterwards.
Old 06-12-2006   #25
dc3
CD Freaks Member

I installed the DVDFab 3.0.39 on my old computer, installed the burner from my new build, used the Verbatim media and it looks like I've successfully copied Pirates of the Caribean, Dead Mans Chest. I forwarded to the last thirty minutes and watched a coulpe of sections for a couple of minutes each with no problems. I'll watch all of it tomorrow after work, it's time to hit the rack.