Old 10-01-2009   #1
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Dvdfab burning problem

I'm a newbie with a stupid question.
Today I started having a burning problem with DVDFab Platinum. It copies, then does not write. It says "writing" and the "elapsed time" moves but the "percentage complete" remains at zero. It eventually ejects the DVD which looks as if about one-third of the disk has been written or it gives a "failure" without marking the DVD.
I tried to adjust the writing speed but can't find or figure out how. I've been to the FAQs, tutorial, etc. They say set the writing speed low but don't say how. Everything has worked fine for about 60 days until now.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #2
Administrator
 
Kerry56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 16,895
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Moved this to the DVDFab forum since this was entirely a DVDFab problem.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #3
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
I'm a newbie with a stupid question.
Today I started having a burning problem with DVDFab Platinum. It copies, then does not write. It says "writing" and the "elapsed time" moves but the "percentage complete" remains at zero. It eventually ejects the DVD which looks as if about one-third of the disk has been written or it gives a "failure" without marking the DVD.
I tried to adjust the writing speed but can't find or figure out how. I've been to the FAQs, tutorial, etc. They say set the writing speed low but don't say how. Everything has worked fine for about 60 days until now.
Did you download from dvdfab.net if so you have the NON css version , need to go to dvdfab.com and download from there
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #4
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Sorry, but I'm not computer savvy enough to understand. I downloaded the trial version of DVDFAB then bought DVDFAB Platinum. A few days ago I received instructions from DVDFAB to download the latest version, which I did. It worked fine for several days, then failed on burning as I described above. I have been using Verbatim and Memorex DVD-R16 disks which I had on hand and they worked fine until a couple of days ago. I thought that maybe decreasing the writing speed would help but cannot find out, even from DVDFAB instructions and website, how to set the write speed. This might not be the problem. I went to DVDFAB's FAQ section as they advised and am now at the forum, which they also advised. I'm afraid that I'm just not computer savvy enough to run this software or to understand what you guys are saying.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #5
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
Sorry, but I'm not computer savvy enough to understand. I downloaded the trial version of DVDFAB then bought DVDFAB Platinum. A few days ago I received instructions from DVDFAB to download the latest version, which I did. It worked fine for several days, then failed on burning as I described above. I have been using Verbatim and Memorex DVD-R16 disks which I had on hand and they worked fine until a couple of days ago. I thought that maybe decreasing the writing speed would help but cannot find out, even from DVDFAB instructions and website, how to set the write speed. This might not be the problem. I went to DVDFAB's FAQ section as they advised and am now at the forum, which they also advised. I'm afraid that I'm just not computer savvy enough to run this software or to understand what you guys are saying.
When you open DVDFab look at the top you will see a round button with a check mark click on that to open common settings on the left you will then see all the settings pages for each features, click on write there you will see all the settings for the write process
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #6
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Yes the guides come in handy sometimes
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #7
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

My DVDFAB Platinum worked fine during the 30 day free trial and for about 30 days after I purchased it. I got a "pop-up" on it one day advising me to download the newest version. I did. It worked fine for about a week then the burning problem above occured. I did get one error message one time, "error 122".
I thought I'd solved the problem yesterday. Thanks to you I clicked on the "circle with check" at the top. Write was set to VSO and I changed it to ImgBurn. ImgBurn wrote the complete program down to the end when it said "writing title info" or something like that then failed. Since then it will not write but gives a "failure" at the start. I'm not very computer savvy. I like DVDFab when it works but some of the instructions you have kindly offered I don't know how to perform. On an "uninstall" I have no idea which other programs might be using some of the drivers or components. Where can I turn to get it fixed. Will DVDFab support help or do they speak Chinese?
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #8
CDFreaks Resident
 
maineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,269
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Hi Capt.,

Sounds like your burner(s) may be in PIO mode. They need to be in DMA mode.

If you could post a couple of burn logs, this will help us immensely.
Just copy and paste them.

The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The first and easiest method to remedy the DMA issue is to simply click on the little green icon (check mark) on the top of Fab > Common Settings > General > now click on Reset DMA.

This may or may not work. If not,
there are also 2 links re: DMA in my sig. Click on the second one and install the VBScript file.

Hope this helps...let us know
__________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009   #9
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
My DVDFAB Platinum worked fine during the 30 day free trial and for about 30 days after I purchased it. I got a "pop-up" on it one day advising me to download the newest version. I did. It worked fine for about a week then the burning problem above occured. I did get one error message one time, "error 122".
I thought I'd solved the problem yesterday. Thanks to you I clicked on the "circle with check" at the top. Write was set to VSO and I changed it to ImgBurn. ImgBurn wrote the complete program down to the end when it said "writing title info" or something like that then failed. Since then it will not write but gives a "failure" at the start. I'm not very computer savvy. I like DVDFab when it works but some of the instructions you have kindly offered I don't know how to perform. On an "uninstall" I have no idea which other programs might be using some of the drivers or components. Where can I turn to get it fixed. Will DVDFab support help or do they speak Chinese?
Hey Capt
go with what my good friend maineman laid out for you, also open ImgBurn and click on "Tools" you want to go to the "Build"tab and put a tick mark for the setting"Don't prompt image details"

also when you open ImgBurn you may want to click on the "Write file/folder to disc"button and on the right side click on the device tab and look at the bottom right you will see three small buttons with icons click on the top one threre you can enter the MID(media ID) and select the best write speed for that MID you can also select a drive to burn at a different speed if that MID works better on that drive...this way when you put the blank in the drive ImgBurn will see the MID and burn automatically at the speed you have set
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #10
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Burn Logs:

I 16:12:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!
I 16:12:06 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 16:12:06 Total Physical Memory: 490,860 KB - Available: 231,096 KB
W 16:12:06 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
W 16:12:06 Drive J:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
I 16:12:06 Initialising SPTI...
I 16:12:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 16:12:07 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
I 16:12:07 Operation Started!
I 16:12:07 Building Image Tree...
I 16:12:07 Checking Directory Depth...
I 16:12:07 Calculating Totals...
I 16:12:07 Preparing Image...
I 16:12:07 Checking Path Length...
I 16:12:07 Contents: 8 Files, 2 Folders
I 16:12:07 Size: 4,198,619,136 bytes
I 16:12:07 Sectors: 2,050,107
I 16:12:07 Image Size: 4,199,251,968 bytes
I 16:12:07 Image Sectors: 2,050,416
I 16:12:15 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:07
I 16:12:15 Operation Started!
I 16:12:15 Source File: -==/\/[BUILD IMAGE]\/\==-
I 16:12:15 Source File Sectors: 2,050,416 (MODE1/2048)
I 16:12:15 Source File Size: 4,199,251,968 bytes
I 16:12:15 Source File Volume Identifier: EINSTEINS_BIG_IDEA
I 16:12:15 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.4.2.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
I 16:12:15 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
I 16:12:15 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
I 16:12:15 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P58 (F (USB)
I 16:12:15 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)
I 16:12:15 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
I 16:12:15 Write Mode: DVD
I 16:12:15 Write Type: DAO
I 16:12:15 Write Speed: 8x
I 16:12:15 Link Size: Auto
I 16:12:15 Test Mode: Yes
I 16:12:15 OPC: No
I 16:12:15 BURN-Proof: Enabled
W 16:12:19 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
W 16:12:19 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
I 16:12:19 Advanced Settings - Force HT: No, Online HT: No, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes
I 16:12:20 Filling Buffer... (20 MB)
I 16:12:21 Writing LeadIn...
W 16:14:43 Failed to Write Sectors 32 - 63 - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (1 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (2 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (3 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (4 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (5 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (6 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (7 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (8 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (9 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (10 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (11 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (12 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (13 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (14 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (15 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (16 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (17 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (18 of 20)...
W 16:14:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:43 Retrying (19 of 20)...
W 16:14:44 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:44 Retrying (20 of 20)...
W 16:14:44 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:48 Retrying (21)...
W 16:14:48 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:50 Retrying (22)...
W 16:14:50 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
W 16:14:51 Retrying (23)...
W 16:14:51 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
E 16:14:52 Failed to Write Sectors 32 - 63 - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
I 16:14:52 Synchronising Cache...
W 16:14:57 User opted to skip the 'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions.
E 16:14:57 Failed to Write Image!
E 16:15:01 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:02:41
I 16:15:01 Average Write Rate: 0 KB/s (0.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 0 KB/s (0.0x)
I 16:15:05 Close Request Acknowledged
I 16:15:05 Closing Down...
I 16:15:05 Shutting down SPTI...
I 16:15:05 ImgBurn closed!

2009-01-11 15:10:31 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Jan 15:10:31.906 PID 2540********************
2009-01-11 15:10:21 Error WRITE FAILED: Can't find write strategy at sector 32
2009-01-11 15:10:18 Error Write error at 16 (16) - Code 05 30 05 [Illegal request, Cannot write medium, Incompatible format]
2009-01-11 15:10:18 Info Lead-in burning time (mS) 250306
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Write started 2201392 sectors to write
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Init success: DVD-R SAO
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Writing speed requested x4.0, effective x4.0
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Available write speed: 16x, 12x, 8x, 6x, 4x, 2x,
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Media ID: CMC MAG. AM3
2009-01-11 15:06:08 Info Media type: DVD-R
2009-01-11 15:06:05 Info Scanned files #9, folder #2 - total size 4507338752 b. (4.2 Gb.)
2009-01-11 15:06:05 Info Inserted media type : DVD-R
2009-01-11 15:06:05 Info Write started
2009-01-11 15:06:04 Info New media (DVD-R) inserted. Burning layer is ready to write
2009-01-11 15:06:02 Info Media removed. Burning layer not ready to write
2009-01-11 15:05:54 Info New media (DVD-R) inserted. Burning layer is ready to write
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P58 [F] (Usb)
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N 1.01 [E] (Ide)
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-11 14:59:27 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Personal (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
2009-01-11 14:59:27 ---- ******************** Log session start 11-Jan 14:59:27.671 PID 2540********************


2009-01-11 14:59:10 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Jan 14:59:10.281 PID 2540********

2009-01-11 14:59:10 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Jan 14:59:10.281 PID 2540********************
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N 1.01 [E] (Ide)
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-11 14:59:09 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Personal (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
2009-01-11 14:59:09 ---- ******************** Log session start 11-Jan 14:59:09.671 PID 2540********************


2009-01-11 14:57:36 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Jan 14:57:36.484 PID 3884********************
2009-01-11 14:57:06 Info New media (DVD-R) inserted. Burning layer is ready to write
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P58 [F] (Usb)
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N 1.01 [E] (Ide)
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-11 14:55:42 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Personal (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
2009-01-11 14:55:42 ---- ******************** Log session start 11-Jan 14:55:42.281 PID 3884********************


2009-01-11 14:52:25 ---- ******************** Log session stop 11-Jan 14:52:25.062 PID 3884********************
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N 1.01 [E] (Ide)
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info System default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info User default language : English (United States)
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-11 14:52:24 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Personal (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #11
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Hey Capt
your first log shows
W 16:12:06 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
W 16:12:06 Drive J:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

which I believe is your problem, A FAT32 system only allows a 2GB file size...at least to my understanding
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #12
MyCE Die Hard
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere Else In Canada
Posts: 1,213
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
Burn Logs:



I 16:12:15 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P58 (F (USB)
I 16:12:15 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I've isolated the part of the log you submitted that I thought you should see.

Of particular note is the Manufacturers ID, in your case, here it's CMC MAG AM3.

According to Lab tests done, and reported on www.videoFAQ.com/media, the particular media you are trying to use is one of the poorest in the market place, and the probable source of your issues with regards to burn failures.

Can only suggest you go out and buy Verbatim, Sony, or, if you don't mind shopping on the web, find Taiyo Yuden. I've been getting Sony from Wal Mart, Verbatim may need a phone call or two to run down (try Staples), and use only one of those brands for your videos.

Hope this helps.

StormJumper's advice on the previous post is also valid, But I don't think you should worry about it now... try the media switch first, and see what that does.

O'C

OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #13
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

I can get Taiyo Yuden online from Neato.
I followed the instructions except for the "2 files" which I don't know how to do.
ImgBurn came on, buffered, said "writing lead in" for about 2 minutes, then failed. Says "Cannot write medium. Incompatable format". ?????
I don't understand about the 2MB. Have been burning larger files until it failed.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #14
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Tor
was I wrong in my post #11
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #15
MyCE Die Hard
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere Else In Canada
Posts: 1,213
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
I can get Taiyo Yuden online from Neato.
I followed the instructions except for the "2 files" which I don't know how to do.
ImgBurn came on, buffered, said "writing lead in" for about 2 minutes, then failed. Says "Cannot write medium. Incompatable format". ?????
I don't understand about the 2MB. Have been burning larger files until it failed.


What "2 files"? Were those part of the instructions to uninstall & reinstall DVDFab?

Imgburn came on... etc.. With what media did the lead-in write fail?

Don't worry about the file size, or that "2MB" for now... let's get the burns to work first.

And to do that, you'll need new media, which I don't think you obtained since I keyed my last post.

O'C

OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #16
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
I followed the instructions except for the "2 files" which I don't know how to do.
.
Can you please tell me what two files you are talking about
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #17
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

My "D" drive is partitioned on my hard drive and not used. I do not have a "J" drive, so I don't know what the log refers to.
I tried one more time, told DVDFab to "shrink" using 5 instead of 9. When it was working it would say that the quality was reduced to 86% or something similar when using "5" and copy much slower. This time it still said quality 100% and copied very fast. Wonder if I'll ever be able to use it. I'm ordering some new Taiyo Yudens but it wrote fine to these I'm using for about 2 months. Thanks much.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #18
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Excuse me. This is what I don't know how to do:

This may or may not work. If not,
there are also 2 links re: DMA in my sig. Click on the second one and install the VBScript file.

Hope this helps...let us know
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #19
Moderator
 
bean55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago Land Area
Posts: 7,212
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJumper View Post
Tor
was I wrong in my post #11
Stormjumper you are wrong on the Fat 32

Quote:
You cannot create a file larger than (2^32)-1 bytes (this is one byte less than 4 GB) on a FAT32 partition.
__________________
My Signature:

Forum Rules: http://club.myce.com/f34/announcemen...uidelines.html

GO TEAM GO Fold for team 13505 http://folding.stanford.edu/

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
bean55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #20
Retired Moderator
 
StormJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aloha, OREGON
Posts: 12,755
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
Excuse me. This is what I don't know how to do:

This may or may not work. If not,
there are also 2 links re: DMA in my sig. Click on the second one and install the VBScript file.

Hope this helps...let us know
Oh you are talking about what is in maineman's signature
I thought you was refering to something in one of the guides for doing a clean uninstall/re-install
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #21
CDFreaks Resident
 
maineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,269
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
Excuse me. This is what I don't know how to do:

This may or may not work. If not,
there are also 2 links re: DMA in my sig. Click on the second one and install the VBScript file.

Hope this helps...let us know
Click on the link below:
(This is the one I referenced above entitled More DMA Help + Reset DMA link)

http://winhlp.com/node/10

then click on:

1. Click here.

Run the VBScript Script file
__________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #22
MyCE Die Hard
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere Else In Canada
Posts: 1,213
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Ralls View Post
My "D" drive is partitioned on my hard drive and not used. I do not have a "J" drive, so I don't know what the log refers to.
I tried one more time, told DVDFab to "shrink" using 5 instead of 9. When it was working it would say that the quality was reduced to 86% or something similar when using "5" and copy much slower. This time it still said quality 100% and copied very fast. Wonder if I'll ever be able to use it. I'm ordering some new Taiyo Yudens but it wrote fine to these I'm using for about 2 months. Thanks much.

When your HD is partitioned, as far as Windows, and most other programs are concerned, each partition will show up as a separate Hard drive. That's why the log showed the different drives.

Keep using up the discs you have there - that's not a problem... just don't expect a 100% burn success, and expect problems down the road with read errors, when you try using them later.

O'C

OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #23
AGJ
MyCE Resident
 
AGJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 2,171
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

You are using 5.2.2.6 beta can you upgrade to the most recent update version 5.2.3.0 and then lower your burn speed to 4X instead of 8x as the media you are using is junk. Try again and post the results for us
AGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #24
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

I ran the VBScript, no help. I took a DVD that was copied and burned a week or so ago with DVDFab and tried to re-copy and re-burn. Re-copy OK. Re-burn, nada. I changed DVDFab back to use VSO burner. Nada. I then tried telling it to use NERO. Nada.
Using ImgBurn, I think, I got this error message:
I/O ERROR
Device: (0:0:0) ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P58 (F (USB)
Scsi status: 0X02
Interpretation: Check Condition
CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) Sectors 32 – 63
Cannot write medium. Incompatable format

I have been using computers for over 20 years but am afraid that I haven't gained much technical knowledge. In this forum I can't even understand most of what is written. It's sad that I spend about 10 hours a day on my computer and am so useless.
I like and enjoyed DVDFab and would like to use it regularly if I can somehow get it burning again.
Dumb question. I have 3 DVR's, an internal computer hard drive and an external hard drive. Occasionally when burning with one of my DVRs it will say "cannot complete copy". I throw away that DVD and insert another and, with rare exceptions, it will work fine. Occasionally it rejects 2 in a row. Now DVDFab is refusing to burn on any of them, the same DVDs. I have ordered Tanyo Yudens from NEATO but it will be a week or so before they arrive. Somehow my "common sense" tells me that while the quality of the Memorex DVDs I using now is not good if that were the problem it should write on SOME of them. I have taken disks that it refused to write to and burned them on one of my DVRs with no problem.
What do I do now and where do I turn? Do I need to start over again, uninstall the update version 5.2.3.0 (which I have been trying to use...the problem started 5 or 6 burns after I had upgraded to the new version) and install another version? I'm afraid that I don't understand some of the "uninstall" problems. I made the mistake of installing Defender Pro anti-virus from Kaspersky a year or so ago and still can't remove all of it's files even using a program made to remove it. I really appreciate your time and advice. Any help greatly appreciated.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009   #25
New on Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Dvdfab burning problem

By the way, I changed it to 4X speed several days ago and it didn't help.
Capt. Ralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help: Problem burning with dvdfab johnnydvd Newbie Forum 11 14-12-2008 18:53
dvdfab burning problem wickedburn Newbie Forum 1 08-04-2008 09:10
Problem burning DVD9 in DVDfab lpark25 DVDFab / DVD Region+CSS Free 4 07-08-2007 09:09
DVDFab Gold Problem burning DVD Folder ggx DVDFab / DVD Region+CSS Free 11 28-12-2006 03:35
Problem burning with dvdfab (dual layer)... augie42875 Newbie Forum 7 02-10-2006 05:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:09.
Top